We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in mid January

England
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in mid January

Hi,

Apologies if this topic has been covered before, but my partner & I are hoping to visit El Nido & Palawan around the middle of January next year (2011) and was wondering weather (pardon the pun!) anyone who has previously been this time of year or lives locally could advise on what kind of weather we can expect while we are there?

I know that statistically Jun-Nov is officially the rainy season and that Dec is still marginally rainy & that the rain tails off from there. So 'in theory' February & March are the driest (& slightly cooler) months....

However how much rain can we expect in the middle of Jan (we're planning to arrive on circa 8th Jan & stay until the 22nd)? Are we likely to see most days with rain, most with sun or somewhere in between?

I'm guessing it will be something like a 50/50 chance of rain or cloud cover each day (or every other day is rainy) based on the fact that statistically Jan see's 13 days of rain during the month, but is this accurate as I know it's hard to predict the weather & stats often lie?!

Also when it does rain, does it rain all day or is likely to be sunny most of the day & just rain for an hour or two? We can handle the latter but don't want to spend our entire holiday without seeing a fair amount of sun :-)

If anybody has been that time of year or can offer any weather advise that would be fantastic & really appreciated?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Palawan Island, Philippines
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in mid January

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294245-i3256-k294…

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,650 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in mid January

wunderground.com/global/stations/98526.html

You can look up the history to see what the weather was like in El Nido on any date in previous years.

Edited: 8:14 am, June 11, 2010
Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
England
Level Contributor
40 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in mid January

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate the advise :-)

It looks like in theory mid Jan should be okay weatherwise, but I was just a bit concerned as in a fair few pictures I have seen of El Nido during Jan the skies look very overcast, but I guess you can never predict the weather!

I've also seen sunny pics of El Nido in August which is supposed to be one of the wettest months so in theory we should be okay in Jan, but a bit of luck will play a part too that we see some sun :-)

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
4. Re: Weather in mid January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 09, 2010