We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for cheap but good hotels in El Nido and Coron

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for cheap but good hotels in El Nido and Coron

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Palawan for 2 weeks this coming October. We are planning on staying in Coron for 5 days, El Nido for 5 days, Puerto Princesa for 2 days and Sabang for 1 night.

So far, based on all the research online that I've done, we've decided that the best route for us is to fly from Manila to Coron, then take the ferry/boat to El Nido, then take a van to Puerto Princesa.

Where we need some advice is re: places to stay at. We are adventurous and not very fussy with our surroundings, As long as the place is cheap, safe and decent, we're willing to give it a shot.

Also we're thinking of going scuba diving in El Nido and Coron, so anyone with previous experience at scuba diving at these places would be appreciated.

Thanks!

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for cheap but good hotels in El Nido and Coron

jen -how much is cheap?

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for cheap but good hotels in El Nido and Coron

I have booked the Coron Ecolodge for Feb. seems new and reasonably priced. Might suit you. I will do a review when I get back.

Edited: 2:59 am, January 22, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for cheap but good hotels in El Nido and Coron

Sounds good ShazDwn! Greatly appreciated =)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for cheap but good hotels in El Nido and Coron

Sorry @ clareisrishman, I posted a response to your question yesterday, but I guess it didn't go through.

Reasonable for us would be anything up to 1500php/night. Obviously it'd be great if it was cheaper, but we're more concerned with safety and location. We'd prefer to be beach front but in a quiet location.

Thanks.

5. Re: Looking for cheap but good hotels in El Nido and Coron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 24, 2014