We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tao Philippines

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tao Philippines

I'm hearing so many great things about Tao Philippines and I'm in the process of trying to book an Open Group Expedition with them but I haven't heard back in a really long time. Should I be concerned? Did this happen to other Tao travelers? Should I keep waiting or send more messages? I hate to be "that guy" that relentlessly sends emails but I've heard the time of year we plan to travel gets very busy and we're afraid of not having accommodations or transport to different places...

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Tao Philippines

^^^Last message was for One Feet Away.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Tao Philippines

I wanted to get some input on those that have done this tour before.

When you flew in to Puerto Princessa (if you were doing the El Nido start) how long did it take you to get from the airport to El Nido?

Also - when the tour finished in Coron, what time did it finish at? Morning? Evening? I'm trying to decide how to book the hotel/flights when leaving.

Please help!

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,627 posts
1,675 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Tao Philippines

Why not ask TAO surely they would have an itinerary?

Tommo

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Tao Philippines

I did Coron - El Nido, but the Tao expedition finishes around 5-6pm.

You unload and go to their base house, where they help you organise transport.

I don't think there's any flights leaving Coron at that time, so you would have to book overnight accommodation in Coron.

Similarly, remember that there is a pre-expedition briefing the evening before you leave where you get to meet your fellow travellers, so you'd need to arrive in El Nido the day before your expedition departure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: Tao Philippines

Tommo: I did but they haven't responded back yet... so I figured my favourite trip advisor community had all the answers anyways ;)

Pcuk: Thank you! I guess it'll be similar with us arriving in Coron. I will book my flight the following day then.

1 post
Save Reply
36. Re: Tao Philippines

All information is on their website. Dig around and you will find details around start and finish times and pretty much any other question you can think of.

Mission, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Tao Philippines

I have been told that there is not much concern about malaria in the Philippines except in low lying areas and jungles. The Tao expeditions advertises jungle adventures. Should I be concerned about malaria?

38. Re: Tao Philippines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, November 18, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: Tao Philippines

Hi all, we are book on the Tao trip at the end of March. Just looked at the packing list and realised I need a dry bag. Any idea on the best brand for this trip?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Tao Philippines

I would say, use the mosquito net provided and bring/use insect repellant. We were in the PI for many weeks and had no issues.