We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking at El Nido

Cavite, Philippines
14 posts
Save Topic
Booking at El Nido

3 of us will be going to El Nido on Feb. 21, 2006.

We tried booking in some cottages in the town of el nido, but either the telephone number is not active or they do not accept booking. It is quite difficult to book at el nido town cottages. By the way, we plan to stay at budget lodging. If there is no other option, we can stay at a middle class ladging like dolarog. But now, it seems that we have to do a search by walking-in in every cottages the at the town on Feb. 21.

Please advise us.

Can we get a lodging there at el nido town easily by walking-in? I am just worried.

Hope those who have been there can help us.

Thanks.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking at El Nido

Hi Devs!

I guess, you wouldn't have a problem getting accommadation once you arrive.

Filipinos are very hospitable, you can have a good night sleep in a simple house if you like - for free! Locals would gladly accept you as an honored guest if you are a "cowboy" - meaning you don't seek luxury. Because at El Nido town, you won't find a 5-star hotel. You have to go to El Nido Resorts at Lagen or Miniloc islands to get the kind of amenities a 5-star hotel offers.

I believe, foreigners should experience a kind of life that local people have. This is the best story they could share back home. Locals are very hospitable to foreigners.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking at El Nido

You can try this site: http://www.elnidotourism.com

This is the official website of the town. If you need help booking with local airlines, just shoot me an email.

Thanks.

Cavite, Philippines
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking at El Nido

Hi, Marlet!

Thanks for that info. It lessened my worries on going there. Actually, we are all set on going there on Feb. 21, and leave on Feb. 26. So we had already booked an airline. Thanks for the offer of booking. :)

However, my 2 friends (girls) will be ahead of me on the first day. They will be coming from Manila, they will arrive morning. While me, I am coming from Puerto Princesa, so I will arrive afternoon. Therefore, they will do the lodging search on that day.

Upon arrival in the airport, I understand they will have to ride a tricycle to reach town (i have searched the internet too). Where should they head first? Tourism Office? Or at the pier, to start the lodging search from pier to laly and abet resort?

This what worries me. The girls will do the lodging search at the beach stretch.

Well, I guess this is part of the adventure.

Hey, thanks again for the advice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking at El Nido

I was just there last Friday. You should have no problems. There are a wide range of low-budget accomodations, from $5 to $30 per room per night. All are really unsophisticated operations (hence no reservation) and there is not a plethora of demand for in-town lodging. Most people come for the fancy el nido resort. There is a little art cafe near the pier that has a book with a list of all of the options for lodging and activities. BTW - no bank, only one place takes credit cards. Bring cash.

Vilnius
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking at El Nido

Hey, what a coincidence. We are coming to El Nido on Feb 21 as well (though departing on the 24th and heading further towards Boracay).

Booked a room at Dolarog but will definitely be coming to the El Nido town itself.

Maybe we'll all meet having morning coffee at the El Nido Boutique and Arts Cafe on the 22nd :-). Who knows.

Being a European guy with short hair bleached all white, I should be pretty easy to spot. And my wife carries a similar haircut. Do say hi if you stumble into us :).

regards,

Aldas

cebu city phils
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking at El Nido

Hi devs! Was in El Nido 7 days in Oct 2005 with my hubby for honeymoon.Had no previous booking.Walking in worked for us.Shdnt be a problem for you three..

My tips:

Bryan&i stayed at Rico's.P500/night/rm.Beachfront.Fanroom.Thermos of hot water every mrng. We liked it there.Another option is Rosanna's, same rate. Cheapest one we like is Og's, they have a rm as low as P250,charge you an extra P100 if you wanna cook. These three are the only ones newly renovated na beachfront and below P1thou. The rest are forgettable, rundown and kinda seen better days.

Try all Tours A,B&C at El Nido Art Cafe. The islands of El Nido are incomparable.

I have pics to share is you're interested..

Good luck and enjoy ur stay. We did. Proof? Have our baby on the way..hehehhe

Cavite, Philippines
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking at El Nido

Hi Skyliner22!

A fellow traveler would be a welcome sight. I guess to able to spot us, it would be 2 girls and a guy. If chances let us see each other, I will do greet you. So hope to see you there... a morning coffee at el nido boutique... until then... :)

Cavite, Philippines
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking at El Nido

Hi i-lah!

I am interested in your el nido pictures, I guess you have a website for this. Let me see it.

Hey, thanks for those advice. It will do come handy when we arrive there on Feb. 21.

Actually we are very excited now even though our travel is still on next week.

Thanks again! :)

cebu city phils
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking at El Nido

Hello devs!

I'll send you some pics thru email.

Just tell me what email address to send it to.

God bless!

Cavite, Philippines
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking at El Nido

my email address: oferrer@smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

my email have a limit of 4MB inbox.

hey, thanks.