We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

Hello everyone!

My gf and I intend to visit Coron in May for about 5 days or so, arriving by ferry from Manila. Is there likely to be some budget (and clean!) accomodation we can book? We can't afford any expensive resort rates! Also, is it likely to be busy in May? And is Puerta Princessa any good?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Coron
Coron
Busuanga Island, Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
cebu city phils
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

Hello!

Was in Coron in October with my hubby and we stayed at SeaDive Resort for 5 days. It's right on the bay and the sunset view is awesome.Costs around P500-P900 for fanrooms (roughly $10-$20).

The owner's contact no is:

Jim Goll +639184000448

try to view the official tourism website:

http://www.corontourism.com

Mentioned in this post
Coron
Coron
Busuanga Island, Philippines
UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

Thanks very much for the info! We'll check it out!

Did you go to puerto princessa while you were there? Is it worth visiting?

Cheers!

Matt

cebu city phils
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

Hello Matt!

No we did not go to Puerto that time. But I've been there in 2002. I should say that it's worth the trip.

Try to go to Sabang Underground River or island hopping around Honda Bay, better still, do both!

Enjoy your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Sabang
Sabang
Palawan Island, Philippines
Puerto Princesa Underground River
Puerto Princesa...
5,100 Reviews
Honda Bay
Honda Bay
1,864 Reviews
manila
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

Hi i-lah!

just wondering where did you stay in Coron when you spent your vacation there. my friends and i will be going there from may 6-8 and i'm wondering where could we stay there. we're on a not-so-big budget, economical/reasonable, that is. :) and we're looking for a beachfront. since first-timers, we also don't the beautiful places to go to. persons to contact. i believed you have mentioned in the busuanga thread that you referred a person to contact for the boat ride and such.

anyways, i'm thanking you ahead for the tips that you will give us.

patrick

Cainta, Rizal
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

If you will be taking a ferry from Manila you will be competing with hundreds of local tourists for budget accomodation. The same ferry will also leave the following night, or you have to wait for another week.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
249 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

Hello!

You can try Darayonan Lodge- its cheap accomodation but I dont think its beach front. Will be staying there end of the month, so I dont have feedback yet.

Contact peron is Chin Fernandez and his e-mail is dipulao@i-manila.com.ph. He (ir she)also arranges tours..

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

Thanks everybody! Ur so kind!

When we get back i'll tell u how it all went!

Matt

philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

hello matt,

my family and i have just been in puerto princesa this april 15-20, 2006...you would surely enjoy the city...you can stay with Casa Linda Inn located Trinidad Road, Rizal Avenue, Puerto Princesa approximately 5-10 minutes away from the airport...their aircondiitioned room for 2 persons is at P750.00 per night, it is very clean and the staff are all friendly...the in also has its own restaurant...

you can call (048)4332606 or (048) 4332309 and look for their manager Ms. Angie Mendoza...you can email them also at casalind@mozcom.com

puerto princesa is very peaceful and very beautiful...the underground river is a must to see, also go island hoping at the honda bay, the city tour is also interesting...

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Princesa
Puerto Princesa
Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

hi, rebekita

casa linda sounds nice. was there a cable tv?

how did you arrange for the honda bay island hopping and the underground river tour? how much did it cost? if ever, there'd only be me, my husband and our son.

thanks!

philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomodation in Coron, mid-May

hello again,

we were lucky enough to be invited by friend to join them in their own private island, pandan island on honda bay...so we got it free...usual tours amount to 900-1,000 for island hopping ( more or less 3-4 islands) but the islands are really beautiful...don't forget your digital cameras too

re underground river, we were also lucky that my husband has relative there working with the DENR and got the permits free, they also have their own van which we use to go to Sabang (which is about 2-3 hrs drive from puerto princesa), we paid the banca for P600 (100/person minimum of 6)...but all the sweat, long wait and expenses were all worth it...the undergraound river is really amazing...puerto wouldn't be complete with out it, you could also go trekking and see limestone rock formations or go dolphin watching on Ulugan bay or turtle bay...there are also jeepney stations and van stations found in the new public market where you could ride going to the others places in palawan like port barton, roxas, taytay, el nido and sabang, i think fares varies from 300-400 pesos per person

there are several tours offered in perto princesa, canvassing must be done first...casa linda's front desk has various brochures to choose from or yu could ask their receptionist...

casa linda is really a nice place to stay in puerto princesa...native style and very peaceful...we were the only filipinos staying there...foreigners preferred this quiet inn compared to the very stiff atmosphere of hotels

for restaurants try kinabuch and kalui's (along rizal avenue) which are both just a few meters from casa linda...excellent food and very reasonable prices...

hope this could help you

Mentioned in this post
Sabang
Sabang