We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in palawan- el nido or club noah?

los angeles
4 posts
Save Topic
first time in palawan- el nido or club noah?

hi, my name is chantal. i am flying in to palawan from US, and its been my dream to see Palawan, but i am torn between el nido and club noah isabelle. please advise. i would prefer a resort which offers alot for the money. also, do you have any rates how much they charge for massages, facials or any spa services? i would appreciate all the tips that could be shared, just so, i could get a heads up with what to prepare.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in palawan- el nido or club noah?

Hi, Chantal!

Just to clarify... A lot of people don't realize that El Nido is a municipality. You might be referring to El Nido Resorts (also known as Ten Knots), which operate two resorts in the area (one in Miniloc island and the other in Lagen island).

If it's a comparison of the resorts themselves (El Nido Resorts vs. Club Noah, which is in Taytay municipality, which in turn is just adjacent to El Nido municipality) that you would like, I think they both offer good facilities and services and both get good reviews. Personally though I am partial to El Nido Resorts since my friends who have stayed there just come back raving about the place and how well they were taken care of by the staff, and also because I know some of the people who work there. (Unfortunately I can't say the same thing for Club Noah as I've never been there although I do hear it's comparable to Miniloc, but not with Lagen which is a bit more upscale...)

But if it's just the the sheer beauty of the area that you are after, I would go for El Nido, definitely. :) The natural environment in El Nido is much more dramatic and breathtaking than in Taytay...

Also, you might want to opt to stay in town rather than the resorts... though this option would be more suited to the back-packing type of traveller on a tight budget (hehe, like myself!). There are plenty of cheap accommodations and you get to see the same places you would get to see if you stay at the resorts. There are some really good tour operators in town who can arrange all your sight-seeing, island-hopping, and other activities... There is also the opportunity to meet the locals and have a taste of rural life, which for some people is a great add-on to the trip... But of course there won't be any pampering there. So if you're looking to be treated like a princesa and have people take care of you 24/7, and you can afford it, by all means, stay at the resorts... :) And yes, they do have spa services there (though I'm not sure if or how much you have to add on to the basic rate that you pay). Anyway, check out www.elnidoresorts.com for more info on the Miniloc and Lagen island resorts... and for some info on El Nido town, try www.elnidotourism.com

As for Malapacao island, I haven't had the chance to stay there... I didn't even know that they still operate the resort at the island. But, I have been to the restaurant/ massage/spa place that the owner operates in town. I didnt try the food (Im afraid I'm not big on vegetarian stuff) but did have a massage and it was great. It was a very new agey kind of place...

Anyway, I hope this helps!