We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palawan - help

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Palawan - help

Hiyah

I am planning on a trip Palawan from Boracay (or Caticlan if it is easier)

I would like to go by ferry as i assume it is cheaper than a flight but am finding it hard to locate any information on the internet. I have looked at negrosnavigation but for some reason it doesn't bring up any details on the trip from Boracay to Puerto Pincesa.

Can anyone let me know how long the ferry trip takes and a rough idea of prices. Also any Palawan recommendations would be welcomed.

Thanks your for help

San francisco
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palawan - help

Hi.. I was in Palwan last april 2005 and not really that sure that

there is a ferry dat would take u der.

Best is to take a flight out ..

U might need to take a flight back to manila from boracy then flight to palawan.. my best bet.

Belfast
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Palawan - help

hi , i know a fair bit about this, as im from palawan but now living in the uk. I have not been back home for sometime but this info, though i would expect have some changes, should be worth checking anyway.

the closest port from boracay that offers feryy ride to the capital of palawan (puerto princesa city) is in ILOILO City, there should be a boat called MILAGROSA that goes from iloilo-puerto princesa once a week. price for the trip should be less than 1,000 pesos, thats roughly ������10.

check www.banwa.com , nice and friendly guest house/art cafe in puerto princesa.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palawan - help

Thanks for the reply, have opted for flying to Boracay from Palawan via Manila - not the most direct route but the easiest to arrange from London.

I do have another question though, how easy it to travel from TayTay to El Nido and from El Nido to Puerto Princesa? I have read in some books/web sites that the distance belies the time it takes.

Thanks again

tam
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palawan - help

try to email ionaks (ionaks@yahoo.com) he seems to know a lot about palawan, he might be able to help you with some details.. Also you might search the forum for this name.

philippines
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Palawan - help

where from cebu and looking for the best trip through shipping.

thanks