We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 day trip to Busuanga / Sangat Island

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
6 day trip to Busuanga / Sangat Island

Hello

6 of us are travelling to Busuanga in late February from Boracay Island. We're intending to stay at Sangat Island for 4 nights, and we have a couple of days that we haven't organised anywhere to stay / do.

Does anyone have any recommendations on things to do around Busuanga, I have read through various threads and have seen that Barracuda lake / trip to Coron Island is highly recommended.

Please note we are non-divers (shame as Coron is supposed to have some of the best wrecks in the world...I haven't logged a dive since 1999)

Are there beaches in and around Coron Town to relax on, places to go out for a few drinks in the evening, and can anyone recommend a place to stay that is easily accessed from town / beach / activity?

Also, is it recommended to book boat hire for island hopping etc in advance or can we just show up and find something quite easily?

I just wanted to get an indication as to what we need to organise in advance and what we can sort out when we get there.

Many thanks

Tosh

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 day trip to Busuanga / Sangat Island

Hello!

There's nothing i the way of beaches around Coron town but a boat trip to Malcapuya Island is a must. There are no buildings, just a white sandy beach. We spent a day there - very relaxing - just take some food, water & sunscreen.

I wouldn't book it in advance - either your hotel can sort it or try a visit to coron town to get a cheaper deal.

We also went island hopping and went to the Lagoons for snorkelling and rafting - It was excellent!

Have fun

2. Re: 6 day trip to Busuanga / Sangat Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, September 16, 2009