We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

Dallas, TX
1 post
Save Topic
How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

Hi, can anyone tell me the best way to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati City). I'm from the US and don't really know the best way to get around, my hotel offers a car service but they are very expensive. Any suggestions? It sounds like a great place to visit.

Judes

1. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:46 am, March 14, 2006
Cainta, Rizal
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

Cocobeach has 3d/2n package inclusive of r/t transpo, check their website.

Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

Hello !

You can take a bus from Buendia, Mkt to Batangas City. You may take a ferry boat from Btngs to Calapan city, Or. Mindoro and travel 48 kms (around 1 1/2 hrs) to Puerto Galera. I you are a nature lover, I am sure you will enjoy the view from Calapan to Puerto Galera. My husband and I use to take this route 2x a month. It is very relaxing for us.

Here's another unsolicited advice, when you are in Puerto Galera, try to go to Ponderosa. Its a very beutiful place (you can browse the web), there's a golf course, a beutiful clubhouse (where you can have some sandwhiches and fresh kalamansi juice). Ponderosa is 2,000ft above sea level.

"You haven't seen Puerto Galera, if you haven't been to Ponderosa".

Bye,

Leah Raymundo

(0917)940-2244

q.c.
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

hi miss leah raymundo,

My family and together with my friend's family are booked in Sabang, Puerto Galera this coming holy week, I saw from your advice that Ponderosa is a must see place, May I know how we can get there if we are coming from Sabang? I hope I can get your reply soonest. If it's okay with you, you can reply through my email: dang_apo@yahoo.com

Thanks, dang

Salisbury, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

Hi,

Quickest would be to fly from Manila, never done it but I am told SEair is the best landing at Calapan. Philippines air land at San Jose which is then occompanied by a never ending road journey to PG. Then a 30 mins journey by road to PG. Have a look in the local papers for travel agents, avoid using the hotel recommends as they are middle men taking cuts normally. Best bet is to shop around and get quotes.

Cheapest option would be by bus to Batangas City, (about 3 hours)and then ferry across. There are numerous ferrys, Si Kats fast ferry leaves at noon, 120p all in including tax.

You may be able to get a deal with a trusted local taxi driver, but if you're on your own and not too confident then please dont.

The bus is a safe cheap public option - john

Philippines
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

how much is this bus ride from manila to batangas city? after the ferry, what's next? a jeepney ride?

thanks.

Saudi arabia
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

Hello,

It sound you are a balik bayan, I prepare to follow elton jhon suggestion,We do this also it is a nice view to PG. Othewise you have a choice batangas port to PG white beach by ferry. I suggest to go around the beaches since many hotels and house cottages offer different prices, be patient price are negotiable. look for rizel dated march 9 for additonal info.

From white beach many offer by ferry sight seeing to sabang, tamaraw falls and snorkle area.

HAVE A NICE VACATION

REY

Makati City...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

I live in Puerto and am from the US, feel free to add me to your list. akinthepi @ yahoo.com or anthony_kuhn # hotmail.com, or just email me at aak # anthonykuhn.com, will be glad to help you out with exact details to get here and enjoy your trip..

Makati City...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

Bus ride from Makati taft ave direct to Batangas pier is 150 pesos, about 3 USD, then the ferry is bout 150 pesos. try not to leave near rush hours otherwise it can add an hour + to your travel times easy...

manila
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Puerto Galera from Manila (Makati)?

hi how we can get their using a car

sam