We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Galera or Cebu?

Which Puerto Galera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
69 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Galera or Cebu?

I will be traveling for a week in Feb to Boracay but I would like to visit another island beforehand. I like night life and beaches..would I best be served by Cebu or Puerto Galera? I have heard there are many gays in Puerta Galera, however I am a straight male. I have read many interesting things about both places. Thank you for your recommendations.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

There are gays and Ladyboys all over the Phillipines. There are many on Boracay and in Cebu City as well. So, gays should not be a consideration in your decision making.

Mactan island Cebu has beach resorts and Cebu City has a huge amount of night life but Puerto Galera sounds more like what you are seeking for beach and nightlife combined.

So, for convenience you will go to Cebu because you can fly from Manila to Mactan island Cebu then from Mactan Cebu to Caticlan for the boat to Boracay.

Puerto Galera will mean a road trip to and from Manila.

Regards: Jim

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

there are many gays in cebu too -how long u will stay in other island and what activities are u looking for ? if u go to cebu then u can take ferry to bohol island or other islands near cebu . and u can fly from cebu to boracay.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,833 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

Then for this I would recommend Puerto Galera. Cebu City has a good nightlife scene but its a different story about its beaches.

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

Are you homophobic or something, there are many gays in Boston who like to take the ferry over to Provincetown in the summer months. Statiscally 10 % of the population is gay, there are gays and ladyboys all over the Philippines, they make it such a colorful and interesting place to travel. In puerto galera, particularly sabang there are also lots of prostitutes, of both sexes. Only Ahmadinejad, the leader of Iran thinks his country has no gay people, maybe you should try Tehran for a vacation

ireland
Level Contributor
522 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

If you are leaving from Manila you can be in Puerta galera by mid day.

Stay there for a few nights.Then back to manila for a flight to Cebu,which can also be done in a day.That way you get to see both.

Sabang is a better option if your not into the gay scene

enjoy

noel

Boston
Level Contributor
69 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

Hey chill out PHnewbie, I am not homophobic, and just so you know I bicycle from Dennis, Cape Cod down to Provincetown a few times a year. It's beautiful down there, I was simply asking a question...why are you getting so flustered over a simple question....comparing me to the leader of Iran is insulting and really not necessary!

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

Did not compare you to the leader of Iran at all. Provincetown is a beautiful area I agree, have spent many springs waiting for the stripers to run down there, some of the best beach casting anywhere on the eastern seaboard. Sorry if I offended you or any Iranians, tolerance should be observed by all of us, regardless of your sexual orientation, race or religion. You live in one of the most progressive states in the US, first to have universal healthcare, and one of the first to grant same sex marriages, was just wondering your reasoning behind asking if an area has many gays as you put it.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

I have heard there are many gays in Puerta Galera, wheres that asking if area had many gays?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

We are first timers going to Php in January.I thought about this itinerary also. As big jim says.And makes the most sense...... We go from Clark to Cebu for 2 weeks. There we visit Malapascua island ,Cabilao island and Bohol island. Then returning to Cebu ,we fly to boracay for final week of trip.Of couse the smaller islands don't offer much nightlife.But we have several nights in Cebu city in between, ...Good luck See you there!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Galera or Cebu?

P.S. Weve been to patong. Weve been to samui. Gay /straight. whatever. live and let live