We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

Which Puerto Galera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Binan City...
Level Contributor
70 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

My family is going to Puerto Galera this April. I've asked for quotations from different resorts and I still could not decide which one to book since I don't know the exact locations of these hotels, how accessible they are, if they are near a family-friendly beach and if the pictures shown in the internet actually much the reality in these resorts. Price is not an issue for us, we just want the best for what we will be paying for - nice room, sea view,with clean swimming pool, accessible (near pier and has easy access to other attractions), near grocery stores and other restaurants. I'm down to Portofino (which I like because of the kitchen), Tropicana Castle (which I like because of the furnishings), Red Sun (nice furnishings and beachfront), Puerto Nirvana (beachfront), Dolphin Bay (because Tropicana Castle uses it's beach) and Mermaid (because they say that they're 140 meters from shore and has a penthouse with a jacuzzi). Can somebody who is familiar with these hotels and their areas please give me additional information that can help me decide? Or maybe someone else can suggest a better resort. Thank you.

ireland
Level Contributor
522 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

you first need to decide where you want to stay,sabang,nice restaurants with village atmostphere has sea views but no beach to speak of,5 minutes walk{no road} is small and big laguna,nice beaches but not a whole lot to do but beach life.Puerta galera town is just a pass through place.then theres white beach,the best beach but accomadation is basic.its a 20 min ride from sabang.

sabang has the best nightlife but also has girlie bars its kind of discreet and not really a problem for me.

i usually stay in club mabuhay sabang(there is one in small laguna aswell).its nice rooms and beautifull swimming pool,no restaurant,but only a few minutes from everything,i think its about $40 a night, but haggle

Binan City...
Level Contributor
70 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

This is really helpful, nbjewellerboy. In my mind I was thinking that most of the resorts in Sabang are beachfront. The village atmosphere, though, would be nice as long as I don’t take the kids out during the night time. So it’s either Sabang or Small and Big Laguna for us. I’ll check out Club Mabuhay which I didn't come across in my previous searches. Thanks very much!

ireland
Level Contributor
522 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

yea it works for me having a 5yr old and 1 yr old,they have security at both gates so u wont have people wandering in to the pool etc,its like an oasis in the middle of the village.if you are not going peak season,just book one night and then have a look around.i stayed in small laguna once but was coming back late one night and the tide was in,i got soaked.enjoy.noel

Binan City...
Level Contributor
70 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

Noel, I was considering the Club Mabuhay in small la laguna because their family room has a kitchen (my family wants to eat my cooking at least once a day) and it's beachfront but getting soaked during high tide isn't very good. So Sabang it is. Thanks again - tingting

WAYLAND
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

I stayed at Tropicana Castle and it was amazing. The views from the castle towers of the ocean are incredible and so are the rooms. The bathrooms are gorgeous marble. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are cozy. However, I wouldn't recommend Sabang as a family friendly place. It's kinda overrun with the whole girlie bar scene. If that doesn't bother you go for it, it's an amazing place, but there are many other beautiful, more family oriented places in the Phillipines. Consider going to Borcay or Palawan.

singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

if u are going with your family with kids then i don't suggest Sabang cos i agree with nbjewellerboy. there's alot of western guys with young filippino girls. White Beach i will suggest as there's water sports n things to buy. i will be going to White Beach next year as i just came back from Sabang.

singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

thomaspaine where is Tropicana Castle at?

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

try to check it out the website of buri resort & spa puerto galera. you might as well include this resort into your list...

9. Re: Can anyone help me decide on the best hotel please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 10, 2010