We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriage on the beach

USA
2 posts
Save Topic
Marriage on the beach

My fiancee and I wish to be married on the beach in Puerto Galera. Any restictions or costs?

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriage on the beach

gay marriage is not allowed in the philippines, yet - a restriction.

parental consent, if u are below 21

Catholic? Baptists, Mormons? Islam? Wiccan? Secular?

Edited: 7:45 pm, December 29, 2009
USA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriage on the beach

if i was gay-- i would have said so---WE, MY FIANCEE (FEMALE)AND I (MALE)-- simply wish to have our wedding (our own private wedding) on the beach. Just the 2 witnesses, the preacher, mysef and my fiancee----

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriage on the beach

If neither of you are Filipino citizens, all the information you need is on this link:-

tourism-philippines.com/philippines-wedding-…

If either or both of you are Filipino Citizens, then the law is different.

www.gov.ph/index.php…

It is easier if you get a CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage or statement that there is no legal impediment to marriage) in your country of residence rather than trying to get one here from your embassy.

If either of you are under 24, you will need confirmation in writing from your parents that they have counseled you regarding marriage.

I hope you have a wonderful day and a long and happy life together.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,145 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriage on the beach

Here are some thoughts I would like to add

The only 2 people I know who arranged their certificate of no impediment (legal capacity) outside the Philippines had the certificates rejected and they had to arrange the certificates again in the Philippines.

Civil weddings are only supposed to take place at the town hall or city hall. If you want to have a wedding on the beach, the extra cost will be up to the judge. I know of some judges who charge P10,000 for exotic location weddings so expect to pay an additional P10,000 for the judge so you can get married on the beach.

There is a 10 day waiting period from the date of issue of the marriage license. Also, if you are young, the person issuing the marriage license may insist on you having marriage lessons.

Regards: Jim

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriage on the beach

Hi

Firstly I'd say it's not easy. If you're in the USA I would suggest being present in the Phils for at least 3 -4 weeks for you to sort everything out.

Is your fiancee good with forms and planning? If not it might be worth paying someone to do all the planning.

I would also suggest that you plan meticulously for the wedding both from the USA and in the Phils, and prepare for slippages in your itinerary.

Check the guidance on the websites mentioned above, US embassy and make sure you have a reliable judge/pastor.....

Regards

Matt

6. Re: Marriage on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 29, 2010