We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

Which Puerto Galera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

Hello Everyone,

We love to Party/club/Dance, Shop and Beach "in that order" according to my girlfriend, so where would you suggest we visit to have all the above in abundance. We are in our 30's and also love to travel and experience new and different food, cultures, peolple, and sunshine which seems to be on a missing one in London for a while.

We was told to try Sabang or White beach or La laguna, what do you guys think... Oh yes - please any hotel recommendations to. Big thanks in advance to all who reply, any help would be great.

Marcus

Hongkong
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

We are planning to go to Puerto Galera by Mid April,

in the meantime we are looking for accomodations and we found this website.You can check this website

http://www.tourspuertogalera.com/

Also we found this website while surfing the internet

Philippines Travel pictures

forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php…

London, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

Thank you very much for that, i'll give it a go. Hope you have a brilliant time too.

3. Re: Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 pm, April 22, 2009
UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

We have just returned from this part of Mindoro Island.

Sabang has plenty of shops, lively bars and clubs - when we were there it was Easter and full of locals, with some older Westerners/Australians, who were mostly into diving. The beach is no good for swimming but La Laguna is a very short walk away, has a nice beach and is quieter than Sabang. Our hotel was in Sabang but it was quite a climb to get there: there is better accomodation in town.

The one beach actaully in Puerto Galero looks OK, but that's about it.

Puerto Galera has a motley collection of retail outlets. It is the hub that connects the other resorts. You can catch a Jeepney/minibus from Puerto Galero to Sabang, which is about 3 miles away and it is very cheap - about 40 pesos.

It is a similar distance from Puerto Galero to White Beach . You can take a tricyle between these two places - we found that drivers will ask you for 150 pesos if you are a Westerner and 100 if you are Filipino. My advice is to bargain hard and be prepared to walk away if you think you are being over-charged: there are plenty of drivers who want your business. We managed to get from White Beach to Sabang by tricycle one evening for 200 pesos - a really good deal considering the distance.

White Beach is more informal than Sabang and attracts a younger crowd with good swimming and a great expanse of beach. There are quite a few small bars/eateries, and a night time beach party was held over Easter. Similarly, the accommodation is informal and probably quite cheap.

Tamaraw beach is a 5 minute walk/rocky scramble from White Beach - it is another big beach, the resort complex was relaxed but smart (we would have liked to have stayed there but it was fully booked). There are great views out to sea and other islands from Tamaraw beach.

You may see trips to Tamaraw Falls being advertised for around 1500 pesos: we caught a Jeepney to Calipan from Puerto Galero for a fraction of that price. Frankly, it's not worth 1500 pesos unless other attractions are included.

Coco Beach doesn't have much going for it apart from the resort complex and is difficult to get to other than boat.

Boats connect all these places but they are more expensive than by road.

Good luck !

Cyberspace
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

If you prefer party, nightlife and shopping Sabang is the place to stay in Puerto Galera.

Like the other poster already mentioned, Sabang is very diver-oriented (there are great diving sites and snorkeling is cool too) with plenty of bars, dancer venues with plenty of girls (they call them *disco* because in a catholic country like the Philippines prostitution is - officially - illegal) looking for customers and small shops and restaurants.

It's much more hectic than La Laguna where the atmosphere is more relaxed, same goes for White Beach where you find many Flilipino tourists too.

In Sabang I met and saw many Australian, English and Korean guys, many of them divers.

I stayed at Capt'n Gregg's Divers Lodge, a nice and affordable (P1000 fan room) place directly at the beach. It has a popular restaurant too and a nice and helpful staff. I felt very welcome there.

Also I stayed in Villa Sabang, it's a bit away from the main beach on the east, a little hidden. This place has big clean rooms (I forgot but think I payed about P1400 for fan room) and a pool to the sea. It has a bar and restaurant inside too. You pass many street vendors while going to the main beach and bars.

There's a cool floating bar about 70 meters out from Capt'n Gregg's. A free sguttle boat takes you there and back. The place is called Anaconda Floating Bar. I was often there for some hard drinking and to flirt with the charming waitress(es). One can ask for snorkeling equipment, jump into the water and snorkel a bit.

6. Re: Places to stay in or near Puerto Galera please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, October 20, 2009