We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

concerned re return journey from PG to Batangas

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
concerned re return journey from PG to Batangas

read a few posts re weather conditions and cancelling bangka back to Batangas.

Just trying to cover all bases.

Will be stationed in sabang going in june/ july.

Obviously i will check weather conditions 3/4 days out from return and adjust return if necessary but what other options are there???

What have others done in similar circumstances? I've read some have done a scary and illegal crossing?

Surely RORO can handle choppy conditions?

Any feedback please

Mentioned in this post
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: concerned re return journey from PG to Batangas

Weather is weather, there have been storms resulting in ferry cancellations the year round and I have taken ferries from PG/Calapan to Batangas year round including then.

I am sure somewhere in coastguard records they will have the data but I would say a cancellation is most unlikely and if I was a bookie would give odds of 40 to one for both banks and RoRos.

If there is a storm brewing you will get a few days notice, follow the news and speak to the divemasters and if need be leave early.

Mentioned in this post
Batangas Province
Batangas Province
Luzon, Philippines
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,635 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: concerned re return journey from PG to Batangas

Roros will not travel in choppy waters, especially after the recent weather related accident in December

We have been there in JUNE and JULY and had great weather, short of a huge storm, boats still run in the rain for the most part. We left when weather predictions showed days of bad weather were on the way, but that was after an 11 day stay.

3. Re: concerned re return journey from PG to Batangas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, February 08, 2018