We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appropriate presents for people in Mindanao?

Level Contributor
66 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Appropriate presents for people in Mindanao?

I am going to visit Mindanao and I need your help what would be welcome as a present from the people there. Is there something considered as appropriate presents and are there things that i have to avoid to give as presents?

Thanks in advance.

6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Appropriate presents for people in Mindanao?

Hi Wolfchild,

I'm from Mindanao and I couldn't think if any gift as taboo. People just appreciate what you give them. The more popular ones would be shirts (from where you are), or lotions (for women), chocolates and for just about anybody. Which city will you visit?

Dagny

Level Contributor
66 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appropriate presents for people in Mindanao?

I have visited GenSan and Davao - in fact I just came back home today:) I haven't read your comment but somehow I was lucky I guess cause I made the presents you advised me to give:)Thanks!

Southern Mindanao
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Appropriate presents for people in Mindanao?

HOw was your trip in Gensan and Davao? Beautiful girls huh?

NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Appropriate presents for people in Mindanao?

Wolfchild saw only one beautiful girl. And he's far too smart to admit otherwise, di ba?. What about the balut?

Level Contributor
66 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Appropriate presents for people in Mindanao?

I really enjoyed my visit to the Philippines - it's a beautiful country with very nice people:)! Well, in order to answer Cloy's question - yes, i have seen a LOT of beautiful girls in Gensan and Davao.

I haven't tried balut as well as some other specialties (i did try durian though, but I didn't like it)- to be absolutely honest the cuisine was one of the few things that i didn't enjoy so much during my stay:)