We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

After arriving on the over night bus from Manila to Banaue, how easy will it be to find a guide right away to take us on a trek from Pula-Cambulo-Batad? We would like to stay overnight along the way and make it a two day trek.

I know that some people arrange a guide in advance but I am not sure that we are going to bring a cell phone with us so not sure pre arrangement will be convenient for us. We are hoping not to have to waste much time in Banaue after arrival in order to find a guide.

Also, how much can we expect to pay (even a range of fees is fine as an example) for the guide per day plus the ride to Pula?

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

Thanks that gives me an idea. We are backpacking so won't be staying in places that expensive hopefully and we aren't planning to stay in Banaue at all, just en route to Batad, in Batad, Sagada and maybe Baguio but I guess by the time we hit Baguio we will go d an ATM.

Any chance of any ATM in Sagada? This way we don't have to carry a huge amount around.

Thanks again!

Edited: 11:11 am, April 10, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

Shoot I also forgot to ask is there a limit in the Philippines of how much money one can take out of an ATM at one time?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

Most of the ATM is P10,000 per withdraw subject to bank charges. I heard is P200 per transaction.

I also heard that if you have HSBC or Citibank card, you can draw up to P40,000 per transaction at their own respective ATM.

This will need to be verified by other users here or do a search in the forum.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

There is only one ATM in Sagada. I do not know does it even operate round the clock.

As the sole ATM, it may even run out of cash!

So don't bank too much on it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

Yikes! I guess we will have to bring ALL our funds with us. That makes me a bit nervous bc

-I hope we bring enough and don't run out of money

-It's gonna make me nervous to keep so much money on us at all times

I guess we will have to suck it up!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

I was told by my guide that there is a Western Union in Banaue.

https://maps.google.com.sg/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=western+union+banaue+philippines&fb=1&gl=sg&hq=western+union+banaue&hnear=0x324053215f87de63:0x784790ef7a29da57,Philippines&view=text&ei=_wRmUbnNKoTJrAfntYD4Cg&ved=0CC4QtQM

If this is true which I think it is true, then you can wire some money over to yourself and collect them in Banaue. I am no expert about WU so maybe you can ask around.

17. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, April 12, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

No solicitation of business here.

19. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, April 13, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Finding guide in Banaue (Pula-Cambulo-Batad)

You again?