We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,968 posts
2,060 reviews
Save Topic
Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

If anyone can make sense of the duplicated access times in this advice from Philippine Airlines they are obviously far smarter than me:

https:/…

Nonetheless, renovation of this Manila NAIA T2 lounge for international PR travellers is long overdue. I hope it receives carpet and better food:

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,381 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

vl.

the lounge at s2 is the domestic lounge. in the evening, the areas of s1 to s3 is converted to handle international flights. they just put a barrier to allow domestic biz class and elite/prem elite members to access the lounge. it is easier to convert this lounge as international at the same time when they shift it for international flights.

philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,381 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

I noticed they have shifted gates S1-S3 sometime starting February or so, although they could have been doing it earlier. I hope their renovation extends to the domestic lounge as well.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

As there are not many domestic flights beyond 5pm, PAL will use the Mabuhay Lounge of domestic flights for international passengers. The Yun Kaya cafe will be the lounge of domestic passengers taking late flights.

I agree that they should improve their buffet selection specially their dimsum but I hope they will still offer the ubiquitous arroz caldo. It would also be nice if they include showers or a nap room like at the Sampaguita Lounge at T1.

Valenzuela...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

I saw photos of the newly renovated PAL International Mabuhay Lounge here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,968 posts
2,060 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

Thank you, JakeFavila, although these are only a few lighting photos. It would be great to see the general area.

Do you know when it reopens? PAL has yet to publicise this.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

....hopefully they'll be done with renovations by October 15th (my scheduled return flight to SFO).

Papalo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

It is only for business class / first class passengers - right?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

The Mabuhay lounge can be accessed by business class passengers and those who are holding Mabuhay Miles Elite, Mabuhay Miles Premier Elite and Mabuhay Miles Million Miler cards even if they are booked on economy class.

philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,381 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

As of yesterday, I think the international lounge is not yet open because they still converted the domestic mabuhay lounge into international passengers' use every night. The domestic lounge users end up at Yakun Kaya outlet at the airport.

Let's see next week. I have an international PAL flight scheduled on Tuesday.

philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,381 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Philippine Airlines' confusing Mabuhay Lounge renovation

as I went to the domestic mabuhay lounge today, I asked the staff at the counter and I was able to gather the following information:

1- the international lounge is on soft opening because there is still some areas whose remodelling is not yet finished.

2- the international lounge is open during the day, and closed by 5pm. They then convert the domestic lounge into an international lounge and move passengers using the domestic lounge to the yakun kaya outlet from 5pm onwards.