We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

Ahmedabad
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

Hi Guys,

I want to travel to Philippines next week for 5-6 days. I do not have visa from any other countries like US, UK. Can i go to Manila and get on-arrival tourist visa like i did in Thailand?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

While I had thought things were changing, the Philippine Embassy Indian site indicates that unless you have a diplomatic or official passport, you require a visa to enter Philippines if an Indian citizen:

http://www.newdelhipe.com/faq.html

There is no mention of a visa upon arrival being possible.

Here are the circumstances in which a visa waiver (valid for 14 days) may be granted for Indian nationals:

www.philembassychina.org/index.php…

If you try to checkin for an international flight and lack a Philippines visa, there is every chance that an airline may deny you carriage as airlines are often fined by nations (in this case, Philippines) if they convey passengers to an arrival airport where the passenger lacks the necessary documentation. Even if you somehow managed to get on board the flight, you could be sent on the next plane back operated by the same airline and never see anything of Manila except the airside of the airport terminal in which you land because immigration would refuse you entry.

Edited: 1:25 am, February 03, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

Visit your nearest Philippine Embassy or consulate on Monday morning if possible and see if they will quickly process any application from you.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,787 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

Hi manish, in your specific case you need to get your visa first before you will be allowed entry to the Philippines.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

Hi,

While Foreign Service Circular No. 36-12 had allowed Indian passport holders to stay in the Phils for 14 days without visa (April 2012), this seems to have been invoked.

You can see the details of this circular here -

immigration.gov.ph/index.php…

The Bureau of Immigration page also states that Indian nationals no longer enjoy the VUAP (see updates - immigration.gov.ph/index.php… )

My suggestion would be to just call up the Visa office in India and ask them - you can find their details here -

http://www.newdelhipe.com/contact.html

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,787 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

You may seek the services of any reputable travel agency to forward the application to the Philippine Embassy in New Delhi. Even if you will submit the application form through a travel agent, it is still expected that the visa applicant fill out the visa application form to avoid any discrepancy between the data on the application form and other related supporting documents and/or the omission of information which may result in the disapproval of the visa application.

Nagpur, India
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

indian citzen i am tourist in thailand can i get philpinse tourist visa ,in philpinse embessy in thailand

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

@ Vinaygol,

Sadly, no - you cannot. India is no longer on the list of "visa on arrival" countries. You will have to get a tourist visa before coming to Philippines.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,787 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

You should get a visa in the country where you are a resident but since you are there in Thailand you may call these numbers if they can accommodate you:

Tel. Nos. (+662) 259-0139 (+662) 259-0139 to 40; 258-5401

Hotline : (+668) 992-659-54 (+668) 992-659-54

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

getting the tourist phil visa do one of the requirements is a my father income or family income?? is that needed...

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,787 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm Indian citizen,Can i get on-arrival-visa in Philippines

The Philippines has an embassy in New Delhi and I advise you to call them so you would know all the requirements. You can also inquire and apply for a visa at selected travel agents there in India.