We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,388 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Topic
Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

Im seeking interest for our Second Annual Manila Tripadvisor Get Together amongst members on this forum. The last event was very successful and we shared a great meal a few drinks (or in the case of bryantpark and I lol) more than a few drinks and a lot of laughs. It was a really great night and a great pleasure to meet some of the contributors. As people who have a common interest, and love to travel it wasn’t surprising that we all got on very well.

Upon consultation with a few of the DEs and members who attended the last meet a decision was made to hold it on the 5th January 2013. It appears to be a suitable date for most consulted. A booking has been made at:

6:30pm

Cafe Juanita at the Fort

Burgos Circle

29th Street

Fort Bonifacio

Taguig

Telephone Number: 4031952. Cellphone: 0915-4877413

From discussions with other members this restaurant is very good and an opportunity to dine in the very fashionable and expanding dining scene in the Fort Area. The menu looks good and caters for the various tastes. The food is predominately Filipino Food (as it is the Philippine Forum) but does include Western, Italian and other Asian Dishes (Japanese Thai to name a few).

Here are some great pictures of Café Juanita including if you scroll down a little their menu:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=menu+cafe+juanita+fort+bonifacio&hl=en&rlz=1T4GZHZ_enAU304AU304&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FS8nUOmvLsifiAfMyoHAAw&ved=0CGMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=533

Management have emailed me their current menu. Management at this restaurant appears very efficient and friendly so far in responding very quickly to my email enquiries and requests.

Whilst it is still some time away I thought we would provide advance notice so that the necessary travel arrangements can be made for those wishing to attend as well as secure a booking at this popular restaurant during the busy festive season.

Those wishing to book feel free to post here or send me a private message. I look forward to meeting the familiar faces from last time as well as some new faces.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,718 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

Here is a rather dated but still useful 2010 review of Cafe Juanita:

thediplomaticwife.com/blog/…

www.spot.ph indicates that the cost per diner is in the P501 - P1000 range.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,718 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

It would be terrific to see some new faces at this event, particularly those from elsewhere in Philippines apart from Manila.

However when one adds the cost of at lerast two nights' accommodation plus the ferries or flights to get to and from Manila, it can be a substantial cost for non- Manila residents.

Airfares from Australia are horrendously high during the Christmas and New Year southern hemipehere school holdays but I will be making every effort to attend.

If it had not been for TA member tommomelbourne's enthusiasm and imagination last year, the event at Cafe Ysabel would not have occurred.

Holding it in the Fort will show us all the giant advances made in this area during the past decade, a good example of Philippines' often unrecognised economic progress.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,388 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

Sorry my link is not that user friendly but if you copy and paste into your browser some great photos.

Here is a recent Food Blog on this restaurant:

…blogspot.com.au/2012/05/cafe-juanita-at-bur…

foodspotting.com/places/68871-cafe-juanita-f…

Tommo

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

@tommo...would prefer to have the drinks elsewhere though ;-p hoping more can make it this time.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

I know this would be more successful than last year.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
641 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

Count me in. A big hi to all those I met on our first meeting early this year. Looking forward to sharing another great meeting with the attendees next year. Cafe Juanita would be great.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

Good to see some usual suspects...hello! Anyone else?

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

tommo, may I humbly suggest that if you want Cafe Juanita (highly, highly recommended. Need to get around to write that review...), book the original property in Kapitolyo and not the one in Bonifacio. The latter is a franchise and I find that the food and atmosphere in Kapitolyo is miles ahead. Plus, the flamboyant owner (Dr Boy Vasquez) makes the rounds and the evening a lot more interesting.

9. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:08 am, August 15, 2012
Manila
Level Contributor
623 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Invitation Manila Tripadvisor Get Together 5th January 2013

@ViajeroManila, are you coming? Hoping to meet you and others next year.