We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star resorts like AmanPulo..any other suggestions?

Sydney. Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
5 star resorts like AmanPulo..any other suggestions?

Hello there,

I am a travel agent in Sydney who is looking for 5 star, family friendly resort in the Phillipines like Amanpulo (closed DEC/JAN as the villa owners stay then)...

We are looking for villa style properties for a family of 5. Beachfront and money is not really an object. I am not too familiar with the Phillipines, I hear it is wonderful but there are so many places!

Any advice is very welcome and gratefully read!

Rebecca

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
641 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 star resorts like AmanPulo..any other suggestions?

You may want to try Pulchra in Cebu (www.pulchra.net) Though I myself have never been there, I've heard it's world class too and with villa like accommodations.

Sydney. Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 star resorts like AmanPulo..any other suggestions?

Thanks this one looks great!

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
922 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 star resorts like AmanPulo..any other suggestions?

in my opinion, there are no resorts like Amanpulo in the Philippines.

the closest in Cebu could be Pulchra, Fridays in Boracay, El Nido in Palawan and Pangsukian in Siargao.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 star resorts like AmanPulo..any other suggestions?

Your next choice would (should) be Lagen Island in El Nido! It is paradise. Its expensive (though not as expensive as Amanpulo's rates), but is definitely worth it. They have a variety of rooms, and the several times I've been there, it never ever felt crowded or too busy. It is a peaceful, family friendly resort with modern amenities. Definitely worth every cent. A lot of my friends have been puzzled why we spend so much for a place that is "within" our country (since the package cost for a Filipino for a 3day/2night stay is almost equivalent to a Qantas 4 day Sydney holiday from the Philippines!). You have to experience it to breathe in an unforgettable adventure.

Check out

www.elnidoresorts.com

Stayed in Lagen in 2002 and back in 2004 (went to Sydney and Cairns in 2003 - haha, yes, I listened to my friends and spent my money overseas).

You can also check out my views of El Nido at the Palawan forum, subject: Need quick help El Rio Y Mar Resort or Lagen Island

Hope you enjoy your visit to the Philippines, whichever resort you choose.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
247 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 star resorts like AmanPulo..any other suggestions?

I tend to agree with Mastur, that there is probably no resort in the level of Amanpulo.

Lagen in El Nido is nice, but their beachfront is quite small so this could be a consideration. I was slightly disappointed, since i like lounging around in the beach. Ended up in the pool most of the time.

I havent been to Ananyana, in Panglao Island, Bohol, but Ive heard a lot of good things about it. And from the pictures, it seems to have a wide stretch of beach. Its not as famous as, say, Fridays in Boracay, so I think your guests will have a similar level of privacy as in Amanpulo. Check out www.ananyana.com for more details.

In any case, I hope your clients end up in any one of the nice resorts here in the Philippines.