We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

Air Asia has a sale ending in 4 days, and I'm trying to sort a rough intinerary for 3 weeks probably next May (after holy week-not sure of dates). With so much information, yet short on time to research, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Hubby and I would be bringing two of our 3futurebackpackers - boys 15 and 11. We are budget travellers enjoying snorkelling, bodyboarding and football (soccer) for the boys, and enjoy watching local day-to-day life.

I guess my biggest challenge is to see as much as possible but keeping the price down, as airfares are x 4 ppl and I haven't even looked at domestic prices yet (due to not knowing where to go).

I have mainly heard about Boracay, but Puerta Galera was recently mentioned to me. I'm a bit worried about the 10kg? allowance going to Boracay.

Looking forward to any suggestions at all

3fbp

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

I'll go with Boracay rather than in Puerto Galera in April. It is summer here in the Philippines so it would be also the peak season.

10kg checked baggage + 7kg carry-on for flights to Caticlan (Boracay). As you will be going to Boracay (or anywhere) via Manila then you could just leave some of your luggage in your Manila hotel. They will be more than willing to keep some of your luggage until you return from your beach holiday.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

Hi Kegler747

Baggage not a problem now, I thought it was 10kg total! With knowing that, maybe we can fly straight from Clark to Boracay with SEAIR (although I read a post saying fly with anyone but them). Maybe they just had a bad flight?

Many thanks

3fbp

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

I've taken Seair 4x, it is not my favorite airline but I would not mind flying with them in the future. If you don't mind flying with a 32-seater turboprop then I don't see any problem why not fly with Seair. If you take seriously all the "Do not fly xxx airlines" in this forum there will be no airlines left for us to fly with ;-)

Happy travels!

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

Yes, you're absolutely right!

Can you recommend any body boarding spots? I've heard about jumping off cliffs near Boracay which appeals to the boys!

Thanks

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

You're welcome. I am not a fan of water sports so I don't know much about body boarding. If you post a question regarding this in the Boracay forum many would recommend you where your boys would enjoy these kind of activities.

If you see my thumbnail photo on the left side of this post it is when we did this "reef walking" thing in Boracay. It is fun and your boys may like it. Check this for more information --> flaircandy.com/2009/…

Edited: 6:10 am, July 22, 2010
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

That website was great! It also had info on surfing and photos of the cliff diving.

I've done a bit of research today and now may even fly into Cebu from Singapore, then Boracay, then Manila. Got to love the internet!

Thank you very much for your help Kegler :)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

You're welcome 3fbp. Where are you going next from Manila? Budget airlines like Air Asia and Tiger Airways operate at Clark Airport which is just 2hrs. away by bus from Manila. Cebu Pacific Air is the only budget airlines based at Manila.

I just saw the pictures and videos of cliff diving in Boracay. I would love to do that next time I go to Boracay.

Happy travels!

Edited: 1:03 pm, July 24, 2010
8. Re: Puerta Galera or Boracay maybe Cebu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 21, 2011