We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Where to stay?

Hong Kong
3 posts
1 review
Help! Where to stay?

Hey guys I urgently need your help!

I want to go to the Philippines with my girlfriend from the 24th til 28th December for a short trip. We will both stay in Hong Kong first, so we will either fly from Hong Kong or Macau depends on the price, we don't want to spend more than 350 € resp. 3500 HKD for flight and hotel (I know it is crazy over Xmas but it should work out).

My problem: we don't care about the hotel, but we want to have a nice beach at least within half an hour reach. A few minutes would be much better of course. But which airport/city should I take to fly to? I checked Manila but beaches are too far away. Any idea?

Looking forward to your replies!

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
94 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Help! Where to stay?

Hi Christian. You mauy try going to Aklan which you can find the famous beaches of Boracay but its quite costly.

Yu may also try going to Tagbilaran. Bohol for some beaches. So far those are cities near airports with familiar beaches.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,356 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Help! Where to stay?

if you can fly to cebu, there are a number of beaches there but i cannot comment on the accessibility.

airline prices to hong kong from manila during that time is like gold, not sure about hong kong to manila but im guessing it will be very expensive as well.

boracay is 1 of the well-known beaches and is very accessible with plenty of accommodation choices. better book as early as possible. flights to HK on those dates from manila are almost fully booked.

3. Re: Help! Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:37 pm, October 13, 2009