We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Renewal

Greater Manchester...
6 posts
Save Topic
Visa Renewal

I already have a visa for 59 days for Philippines. I wish to extend it. Was told I could get it done in the Philippines itself.

My question: When can i get done? (How far into my 59 days? Is there any such minimum date)

And will the renewal be an extension after the 59 days, or extension after the date of application for the renewal?

3 replies to this topic
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Renewal

59 days from arrival is when the extension is due.

There are fines for over staying so make sure you do the extension before the 59 days expires not after. They will not be interested if you tell them the 59th day was a Sunday or a public holiday as you have plenty of time in advance to extend.

The immigration website says extend 7 days before expiry. My past experience has been you can extend up to 30 days before expiry.

So, if you want to follow the immigration website, on your 52nd day in Philippines, so long as it is normal business day, go to your nearest office of the bureau of immigration and arrange an extension.

You can extend in your choice of 1 month, 2 months or 6 months. Not all offices do 6 months extensions, so if you want to do a 6 month extension, check first.

Regardless of the length of extension requested, you have to arrange an ACR-I card (Alien certificate of registration identity card)

UK citizens can extend continuously until you have been in the Philippines for 3 years.

Here are the offices of the bureau of immigration

immigration.gov.ph/contact-us/other-immigrat…

The application form is here. The prices are also on site but they don't seem right to me and don't show the 6 month extension. Extension prices are not set as the ACR-I card is priced in USD but paid in pisos using the exchange rate on the day. Expect nearly P8000 for a 2 month extension. It is P500 less for a one month extension. And expect nearly P13,000 for the 6 month extension. Photos are no longer required for visa extensions but be aware that you may be randomly selected to produce a valid ticket to depart the Philippines at any extension.

immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-imm…

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Renewal

Avoid extending it at main immigration in Manila as it will take ages. Much quicker in the provinces, especially one where there are not so many tourists

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,662 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Renewal

If you will extend it in Metro Manila go to one of the offices inside a mall otherwise extend it in an office in the province as per the link given above.

Reply to: Visa Renewal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted