We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morinaga Pancake Drink Tokyo???

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
Morinaga Pancake Drink Tokyo???

Where can I find this drink I really want to try it while I'm in japan.

Kanagawa...
Level Contributor
4,316 posts
40 reviews
25 helpful votes
1. Re: Morinaga Pancake Drink Tokyo???

According to wikipedia, it seems to have become discontinued.

Morinaga pancake(hotcake) milkshake

…wikipedia.org/wiki/…82

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
63 reviews
62 helpful votes
2. Re: Morinaga Pancake Drink Tokyo???

Morinaga hotcake drink... I'm not sure if it has been discontinued or not, but it's something that may be a seasonal release only... as in, you can only get it through the winter months.

I've had it in a hot can, from a vending machine... so look for the hot drinks in machines. Also got it in the hot drink section in convenience stores. (where the drinks are actually hot, rather than cold in the fridge).

Good luck finding.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Morinaga Pancake Drink Tokyo???

Oh no I hope not... However my friend who told me about it tried it when he went 4 years ago to japan so you may be right. Hopefully if not in the vending machines I can find it in a super market thank you.

Edited: 12:18 pm, September 24, 2014
Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
1 review
4. Re: Morinaga Pancake Drink Tokyo???

Enjoy Daido Drinco commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPUAYEvT_X8

Not many more available in japan. See the red vending machine in the video. Pancake Drink w...was an exclusive private brand product Morinaga made for Daido Drinco. It was only available in the Daido Drico vending machines. Morinaga made it in 2010 and 2011.

Possibility is limited in Otaku Collector who gathers all kind of strange things. Takuroh Morinaga, who is not relatives of Morinaga company pioneer, may have one in his collection of empty cans:

…home.ne.jp/morinaga/collect/images/room.jpg

He is gonna open a museum at Tokorozawa in October. He is actually notorious economist.

5. Re: Morinaga Pancake Drink Tokyo???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 26, 2015