We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

Hi, how much would a train, bullet train or otherwise, cost to do a one-way trip from Osaka to Tokyo?

33 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,019 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

For a reserved seat on the Nozomi, the fastest and most frequent Shinkansen ("bullet train"), it's :¥ 13,850 (around US$180). There are several trains per hour and the trip is less than three hours. The Shinkansen leaves from Shin-Osaka station and stops at both Shinagawa and Tokyo Stations in Tokyo. See schedules here: http://www.hyperdia.com/ If you will travel farther than Osaka to Tokyo and back within 7 days, consider the JR Pass. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361.html

Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

hi.. my plan only go from osaka airport to tokyo to visit disnyland about 2days and go back to osaka. is just 2 trip.. you think i buy 7days pass or i just pay per trip what is cheaper?

thank you

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,521 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

Teerapun Jimmy P

JR Pass is cheaper.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,339 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

Using the JR Pass, this is the route you would essentially take from Kansai Airport to Maihama station (Disneyland) in Tokyo:

www.hyperdia.com/cgi/en/search.html…

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

Hi Jimmy

I believed u'd been in both Osaka and Tokyo... would like to know the best travel cost.

my plan also would be the same with ur plan. osaka to tokyo disneyland and back to osaka within 2 days.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,339 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

Why don't you read the responses given already? The answers don't differ unless you are willing to take a highway bus (taking much more time).

>>>I believed u'd been in both Osaka and Tokyo... would like to know the best travel cost. my plan also would be the same with ur plan. osaka to tokyo disneyland and back to osaka within 2 days.

Santa Cruz...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

How to book train from Osaka to Tokyo Haneda airport--from US?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,177 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

How to book from US? You cannot. Book it in Japan..there are multiple trains per hour.

Santa Cruz...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

Although I've been advised to book now as there's a major festival 1st week of may- no way to book in advance?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,768 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?

Train? No. You can book as soon as you arrive in Japan at an airport train station.

Reply to: Train from Osaka to Tokyo cost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted