We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nex ticket and taxi

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nex ticket and taxi

Need some more info. At the start of my trip, I need to get the Nex ticket (the dicounted Nex and Suica combi) to travel from Narita Airport to Ginza Marriott . My flight arrives at 7.15 am, and the travel service center won't be opened. It's stated on www.jreast.co.jp/e/suica-nex/index.html that the ticket can be bought at the JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no-madoguchi) in Terminal 1? Is that the name of the station? Where is it located?

From Toyko station, I am supposed to take a taxi to the hotel (travelling with 2 young boys). How do I get a taxi? Do I just go to the main road and flag for one or is there a taxi stand? Are the taxi metered?

Thanks a million. My family's trip is this Sat and there are tons of info to collate. By the way, how's the weather like in Tokyo now? Do we need rain gears? Cheers.

Likely To Sell Out
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,083 Reviews
from $149.60*
Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
92 Reviews
from $57.90*
Mt Fuji Day Trip with Lake Ashi...
916 Reviews
from $135.10*
Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from...
299 Reviews
from $312.70*
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,110 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nex ticket and taxi

Can't help you with the NEX info, but you can grab a taxi anywhere. In front of airports, train stations and hotels there will be taxi stnads, so queue up there if you see one. They are all metered.

It's cool to chilly now- bring clothes that you can layer- sweaters, fleece and a coat. It is also a good idea to travel with little folding umbrellas. Nobody wears raincoats here with the exception of children who commute to school on bicycles...Have a safe trip over!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nex ticket and taxi

Thanks, Maneki-neko. :)

Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nex ticket and taxi

you'll se how much different the taxies are there....:)

4. Re: Nex ticket and taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 14, 2009