We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ICOCA & Haruka pass

London, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
ICOCA & Haruka pass

Hi all,

I'm getting very confused with the ICOCA and Haruka pass.

I will be travelling from Kansai International airport to Osaka Shin Imamiya station and then 10 days later from Kyoto back to KIX. I have a JR West Hirshima pass for some of the days in between.

Which ICOCA & Haruka pass will be best for me? Can I buy a round trip one or will I need to buy two separate one way ones?

Please can you let me know whether the ICOCA and Haruka pass is worth buying for someone travelling from Kansai International airport to Shin Imamiya station? I'm not sure it even goes to this station and if not, which ticket should I buy?

Lastly, can anyone tell me where in the airport I can purchase this ICOCA card from?

Thank you so much for your help. I think i've done too much research now and am a bit too confused with so much information!

Many thanks in advance.

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,293 Reviews
from $143.50*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
938 Reviews
from $66.70*
1 reply
Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ICOCA & Haruka pass

If you are staying at Shin-Imamiya, taking the Limited Express Rapi:t run by Nankai Railway is much better without transit. The price for the ride is JPY 1270 howto-osaka.com/en/…tokuwari.html . No reason to take Haruka in which you need to have transit at Tennoji.

>>Lastly, can anyone tell me where in the airport I can purchase this ICOCA card from?

Simply get it at the vending machine at JR Kansai Airport Station.

BTW, you can search train transit and cost at www.hyperdia.com

Edited: 9:04 pm, September 25, 2017
Reply to: ICOCA & Haruka pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted