We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upload + burn your photos, but where ?

Germany
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Upload + burn your photos, but where ?

Hi,

I´m sure that I´ll take TONS of picutres in Japan and my memory card has only about 1GB. I´m not going to take my notebook with me, so I have to upload the photos somewhere and then burn them on a CD I guess.

Any suggestions where I should go and where it´s not THAT expensive ?

Do internet cafés allow such a thing ?

(I´m especially asking for the Tokyo and Kyoto region :))

Thanks a lot in advance.

Tokyo
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Upload + burn your photos, but where ?

Some photo studios and camera shops do that, in their effort to adapt to the digital era.

Germany
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Upload + burn your photos, but where ?

I see, thank you very much.

Do you by any chance know how much that would cost ?

Tokyo
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upload + burn your photos, but where ?

Shoudn't cost much. Apologies, however, this was a part of the service I've had, including printing the pictures (which are much more lucrative than just burning a CD).

Some local stationery stores offer various services like video dubbing, etc. They may do it. Question is whether they do it right away on the spot.

Don't know about internet cafes, but there are many of them. I don't feel like using a PC used by someone else in a way I don't know, so I have not used it.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upload + burn your photos, but where ?

Is there a reason you don't want to take your laptop with you? If you are so budget constrained that you can't buy more memory cards (they are literally free sometimes here in the US with rebates on promotional offers), I'm not sure if you're going to find an acceptable solution in Japan that will be any cheaper. It's free to bring your laptop and that would be the cheapest solution. If that's not acceptable, get a USB adaptor and join an online photosharing service. See: reviews.cnet.com/4520-6451_7-6245115-1.html…

5. Re: Upload + burn your photos, but where ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, August 28, 2009