We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary for sumatra

Belgium
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary for sumatra

hi,

after some reading and checking LP and TT forums.

I would like to do the following.

arrive at medan drive to bukit lawang to see orangutans can you also see other primates like gibbon ?

Than drive from bukit lawang to danau toba. are there some special things to see on the way and how long would the journey take ? (private car)

After lake toba and tuk-tuk drive to medan again via berastagi if possible with sinabung (I'm going in may) so don't know how active the volcano will be. Are there nice thing to see on the way, stopovers ?

I'm maybe thinking of also visiting Harau valley, but would like to take a flight from medan to padang and see the valley and maninjau.

Or is this to crazy and to costly

from there (padang) or medan I would fly to Yogyakarta.

I wan't be visiting south sumatra or jakarta or north java.

any ideas and info are welcome.

Thx in advance

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary for sumatra

How many days total for this trip?

Belgium
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary for sumatra

Dear Sambal,

I've 5 weeks to send in indonesia.

So I don't need to rush.

Was thinking 7 to 8 day's

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary for sumatra

Hi,

If you wish to see Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba and Brestagi I would take 7 days just to see them as there is quite a bit of travelling involved and I am sure you would like time to spend time at each destination.

Then fly from Medan to Padang and take about 4 days to see Bukitttinggi and do the 44 hair bend turns down to Lake Maninjau and then go to see Harau Valley.

From Padang fly to Jakarta and then to Yoagjakarta.

Email me at pamela_fuge@yahoo.com.au and I will forward you some scanned maps of North Sumatra including unpublished map of accommodation in Bukit Lawang, map of accommodation at Lake Toba and maps of Yogjakarta and surrounds.

Pamela.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary for sumatra

Very good suggestions by Pamela. You could do it in 8 days but that would be rushed IMHO.

Belgium
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary for sumatra

Dear Pamela,

I've send you an e-mail.

Kind regards

6. Re: itinerary for sumatra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 20, 2015