We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on entry

lethbridge
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on entry

We are travelling to Sumatra in September, landing in Medan, then going on to Malaysia before entering Indonesia again in Jakarta.

Can I get a visa at Medan and will that do for when we go to Jakarta (2 weeks after) or do I need a multiple entry one?

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on entry

A Visa on Arrival (VoA) is valid for one entry only.

So you will have to obtain a VoA when arriving in Medan and another one when arriving in Jakarta.

For a multiple entry visa you would have to apply at an Indonesian embassy, I do not think that is worth the trouble.

Theo

lethbridge
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on entry

Thankyou so much for

your prompt reply! That is exactly the information I needed and wondered if I COULD do!

Doreen

3. Re: Visa on entry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2014