We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

Is it realistic to fly from Singapore to Medan, and then make my way down to Bukit Lawang for Gunung Leuser and Orangutans.

Then how do I get from there to Beristagi for Lake Toba? Please don't say back to Medan first...

Then from Lake Toba area, I want to get down to Bander Lampung direction and hop over the java sea to Krakatoa island to see the volcano there - before continuing my Indonesia odyssey across Java and into Bali and then back up to Suluwesi.

Are these Sumatra plans realistic?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

Hi,

tripadvisor.com.au/…38034592

Pamela

Edited: 4:48 pm, August 28, 2012
Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

Hi,

You mentioned in this post you were visiting Indonesia in April 2012,

but you are asking questions again in late August.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294231-i9609-k…

Pamela.

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

Nope changed my mind. Stop trolling.

I am interested in hearing viable itineries for this Sumatra trip.

Medan
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

you didnt mention any timeline...given unlimited time of course everything is possible

Glenville, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

On a recent visit to Sumatra that ended on 9/1 we traveled from Berastagi to Lake Toba by minibus with a gentleman who works closely with our guide who brought us to Ketembe for a jungle trek. The trip from Berastagi to Lake Toba is about 4 hours long running southwest from Berastagi then south to Parapat. Along the way we visited a cool Batak longhouse village. If you would like this guide's name he can set you up with his driver, Batu. A very pleasant gentleman who, unlike many drivers in Indonesia, does not drive like a maniac.

Harold

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, and Krakatoa in same trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 15, 2013