We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

Hello my friends,

One of my friend recommended me Sumatra for some jungle adventure.

But looking in Tripadvisor, I really couldn't come up with much. Basically I am clueless.

So, here it goes.

a. Can anyone specify which part of Sumatra to stay in?

b. Places I should visit.

c. Is 3 days enough.

1. Re: Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:07 am, April 07, 2012
Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

Hi Smiling Guy,

If you search for pPamela ( that is me) on this forum you will find loads of information about Sumatra.

3 days is not much at all - why not a week.

Suggestions - North Sumatra.

Bukit Lawang - orangutans

Tangkahan - elephants.

Brestagi - volcano and traditional houses.

Lake Toba - Batak culture and big lake.

West Sumatra.

Minangkabau Culture - matrilineal line.

Bukittinggi - markets, zoo, caves etc.

Lake Maninjau - relaxation.

Harau Valley - scenery, trekking, gibbons.

Pamela

medan
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

Hi...Smilling Guy.

Yes...that is true what the Pamela say. 3 night is to short time for you.

why not a week ? 3 night is only for Samosir.

Greetings

Rahmad.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

I'm not sure about jungle adventure but Medan is a popular destination in Sumatra and it has a nice lake called Danau Toba. For jungle, I often go to Kalimantan/Borneo where the jungle is more concentrated then in Sumatra. I don't know if you can find a tour to Kalimantan's jungle since I have relatives who live there so I don't have any difficulties. But then, again, stick with Sumatra. I shouldn't ramble on about Kalimantan

5. Re: Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, April 19, 2012
6. Re: Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

Removed on: 4:35 am, April 19, 2012
7. Re: Mr. Clueless needs help with Sumatra plan!!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, June 15, 2013