We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and things to do in/around Padang

Malaysia
Level Contributor
388 posts
141 reviews
Hotels and things to do in/around Padang

Hi,

1. Can anyone suggest some hotels in Padang?

2. What is the best hotel at present?

3. Or is it better to stay somewhere out of Padang?

4. Is it easy to get a tour of Bukit Tinggi for a day trip from Padang?

5. Any suggestions on things to do/see in Padang.

Thanks in advance.

Padang, West...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1. Re: Hotels and things to do in/around Padang

Hi Footyboy,

1. Many hotel in Padang starting 1 star till 4 star hotel, such as Bumiminang****, Pangeran Beach****, Ambacang***, Rocky***, Inna Muara***, Dipo Int'l** etc

2. The best hotel is the 4 star Hotel such as Bumiminang or Pangeran Beach hotel, and all depend on your budget

3. some where out of Padang have homestay/losmen such as Losmen Carlos in Bungus Beach Area

4. Yes Possible, Bukittinggi only 2.5 hours distance from Padang, return will be 5 hours seat on the car and you can spend 3 - 4 hours in Bukittinggi.

5. Padang has Padang Beach, Bungus Beach, Airmanis Beach, Caroline Beach, Sikuai Island, Museum, and old town

so better you got plan about your traveling in West Sumatera or you can contact the travel agent in Padang who can organised everything for you.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
2. Re: Hotels and things to do in/around Padang

Hi FBM,

How are you?

I bet you are getting excited about your forthcoming trip.

Thought you might like to read this post written by a traveller from Singapore who certainly made the most of their time of only 5 days in the area north of Padang namely Bukittinggi, Harau Canyon,and Lake Maninjau.

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

I do have a map of the whole area I had colour photocopied today and if you email me at pamelajoyfuge@hotmail.com I can send it to you in an attachment.

I also have a map of Padang city with listed accomodation.

Pamela

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,778 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: Hotels and things to do in/around Padang

Hi Footyboy

Bukittinggi is a much cooler and better place to stay only 2 1/2 hours from Padang

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
4. Re: Hotels and things to do in/around Padang

Hi Leopang,

How are you?

Yes, I agree Bukittinggi is much cooler place to stay but FBM is planning on going to Gunung Kerinci to climb the mountain sometime in March next year.

So for convience Padangis probably a better base.

Pamela

5. Re: Hotels and things to do in/around Padang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 12, 2009