We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go Kaliadem if self-drive?

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
7 posts
Save Topic
How to go Kaliadem if self-drive?

Anyone know the exact place with gps or any resort/hotel/building nearby so i can search from gps?

Terima Kasih

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go Kaliadem if self-drive?

I don't have gps coordinates. These are the directions I recorded after my visit:

¨: If you don't have your own transport, hire an ojeg. From Prambanan it is 24 km. Take the road direction Pakem at the most eastern traffic lights. After 6.6 km turn left direction Kaliurang, at 7.6 km turn right at the petrol station. Follow the road for 10 km, then turn left at the signboard. Cross a valley and after another km turn right, straight uphill through Kaliadem village until the former camp site. Altogether 24 km.

From Yogya it is about 20 km. Ask for the correct turnoff from the ringroad, then it is almost straight uphill toward Merapi mountain. "

See: members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1d82d5/

However, my trip was before the last eruption. By my knowledge Kaliadem village has been wiped off the map by that eruption.

balikpapan-indonesia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go Kaliadem if self-drive?

U can looking for merapi golf club. Its easier to find on gps. Fyi, to reach kaliadem u can only go by jeep by join a vulcano tour.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go Kaliadem if self-drive?

Hi,

This is the GPS coordinate of Kaliadem: S7°38'24" E110°23'13.2"

4. Re: How to go Kaliadem if self-drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Yogyakarta