We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique Hotels in Yogya

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Boutique Hotels in Yogya

I am trying to finalize my hotels for my Java 2 week trip. Morrissey Residence for Jakarta, Cirebon Sanika, Pekalongan Merlin Dafam, Roemahkoe Heritage in Solo, Queen of the South at Parangtritis, Amarrossa Bandung and Kebun Raya Bogor. I need to stay 2 nights Aug23, 24 in Yogyakarta. I stayed at Phoenix Grand Mercure before, once nice and once not so nice but good deal for the money at around $65 per night for a single room. I wanted to try Dusun Jogia Village Inn this time, but a nice room is asking for $130 per night. Is it worth it? I wanted a nice quiet room to have a good night sleep as I will be exhausted previously running thru all the other cities in such a short time.

What other hotels will be a good choice? Basically, I just wish to see the Kraton and then go to Kota Gede during the day.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,798 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

the Phoenix is now re-branded and is not Mercure anymore...it's the "M collection." so perhaps updated a bit. I stayed there last month and it was very good.

You could also look at Ibis Malioboro just because it's connected to the mall and super easy if you are feeling too tired... Also there are a slew of good places on Sosrowijayan.

Personally I've never had the budget to stay at Yogja village Inn but I heard it was nice.

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

Hi! I read in one of the inflight magazines that favehotel has now a branch in Jogja. I have stayed in two favehotels in Jakarta and Bali before and found it to be good value for money. You may want to google them and see if it meets your needs.

Good luck!

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

Hi Mucuna,

Many boutique hotels in Yogyakarta that offer value for money. The most popular is that you have mentioned, Phoenix hotel & Dusun Jogia Village Inn. For another information for your reference about the boutique hotels in Yogyakarta you can visit www.yogyes.com/en/yogyakarta-hotel/boutique/ and tourjogja.com/travelkategori-2-boutique-hote…

Hopefully can help you to get further information

regards,

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

Thank you so much for all your info. I may just stick with Dusun Jogia Inn as I like the environment and it is close to the Kraton, the batik factories and furniture stores etc.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

It's about 10km outside Yogya, but the d'Omah Hotel in Tembi Village might suit you very well.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

I think d'Omah for sure will suit me. Before that I will have my driver for 2 days covering Parangtritis and Imogiri but the problem will be if I stay in d'Omah or near Tembi, I won't be able to move around to Yogya much.It is too far and I have a lot of shopping to do and will take the train to Bandung in the morning after the 2 days, so I will stay close in Yogya. Maybe 2014, when I go back to Java, I will stay in d'Omah for some relaxing time.

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

You're welcome. Enjoy your stay in Jogja. Safe travels.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

Dusun Jogja is very good hotel. You should also consider Villa Pondok Terra, it's closer to the Keraton and you have your private swimming pool. If you don't mind a guesthouse, Ndalem Gamelan in the Keraton complex is also nice and beautiful.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

Thank you I will check out all the ones. I just saw Dusun Jogia Inn's facebook page and saw some of the cultural events photos, sure it is interesting.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boutique Hotels in Yogya

I have just booked Ndalem Gamelan, this is exactly what I need. The place is so beautiful. Thank you Radjaff.