We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise at Yogja

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
11 posts
Save Topic
Sunrise at Yogja

I am planning to see sunrise at Parangtritis Beach but someone suggested me at Kukup Beach. How far is Parangtritis and Kukup from Yogja City (Malioboro)?

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise at Yogja

Parangtritis is 30 km south of Yogya, Kukup beach about 40 or 45.

Yes, for sunrise Kukup is better. But there is no acommodaion at Kukup Beach. You have to rise early or stay at Baron. See:

members.virtualtourist.com/m/c8969/664/

Theo

Kuala Lumpur...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise at Yogja

thanks Theo for the info! so it's about 2 hrs journey from the city i guess. Is there any other nearer beach from Yogja city that i can enjoy the sunrise since i may opt to enjoy sunset at Parangtritis.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise at Yogja

Due south of Yogya is Bantul beach, perhaps 25 km. Travel time will be only slightly less than the time to Parangtritis.

Bantul is a wide open black sand beach, not attractive IMHO. I am not sure whether one sees the sun rise from the sea or from the land when one looks west.

Indeed Parangtritis is better to see the sunset. You can take a viewpoint on the cliffs east of Parangtritis. Whereas the sun will rise from behind these cliffs.

Theo

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunrise at Yogja

Correction: of course I meant one looks east for the sunrise at Bantul.

Theo

5. Re: Sunrise at Yogja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 01, 2014