We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yogyakarta - DPS flight

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yogyakarta - DPS flight

Hi,

I would like to book a flight from Yogyakarta to DPS, Bali on Saturday July 6, of this year. I spotted a good price on Airasia (compared to Garuda & other airlines), do you think €50 per person is a good price for the time of the year? Should I book it immediately or should I wait a bit longer for a last minute price to pop up?

Thanks!

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

Check the add on costs for AirAsia.

Garuda include a baggage allowance of 20kg checked-in and 7kg carry-on.

LionAir include a baggage allowance of 20kg checked-in and 10kg carry-on.

The Garuda ticket includes the Yogyakarta, Adi Sucipto Airport (JOG), Domestic Passenger Service Charge (PSC) of Rp35,000

AirAisa do not include that and it must normally paid at the time of check-in, or subsequent to check-in at a booth or counter nearby to the departure hall entrance area.

AirAsia also often forget about clocks.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

July is within the regional peak season.

LionAIr are normally expensive if booked that for out.

If you look 7-14 days ahead the fares are better.

For instance, Lion Air are Rp482,500 next Saturday (but we are not in peak season).

If too close to the flight date it often/normally goes up again.

Edited: 2:44 pm, April 02, 2013
Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

Thanks j_hurcules!

The €50 (625000rp) is with add-ons (15kg luggage + 7kg carry-on).

I forgot about the PSC, but if I add this I end up with 660000 rp, and Garuda is +/- 930000rp at the moment.

So it seems that at this point in time, it's a fair price. So I will probably not take the risk of waiting and ending up with a higher price...

Thanks for the information!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

For Low Cost Carrier model such as AirAsia in particular, never book last minute. If you happen to spot the fare is pretty good, snatch while you can.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

Yes, that is good advice, and certainly so with AirAisa.

If you are happy with what you are being quoted and understand the added costs and limitations then perhaps just book it, then you can set that aside as something done.

You might get a cheaper ticket with LionAir by waiting, and you will get a higher baggage allowance, however you might also end up with a lot of messing about, and pay the same price or near to it.

Have a great trip.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

the best price is one that you are happy with

does 50 euro for a flight of just over an hour sound like a good deal to you

how much would it cost to fly between london and paris or london and brussels .

about the same distance

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

I would prefer a little lower for a short flight, but since it's in the peak season I think I'm going to just book it now... Especially since Lion Air doesn't except foreign mastercards (so I heard..).

Thanks for all your respons and I look forward to my trip!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

<,I would prefer a little lower for a short flight>>

This is not a main route and since there are only few carrier with not so much frequency, prices won't be as low as the prime route... Different case for Lion Air though. It will only release its promo fare 1-2 months before the travel date. If you want to wait for it, then it's fine. But just in case you can't find cheap fare, it may be too late to book other airlines.

9. Re: Yogyakarta - DPS flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 05, 2014