We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Arrangement Advice - Jogja

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Arrangement Advice - Jogja

I visited Jogja last weekend and had dropped by at the Tourist Office at 56, Jl Malioboro. The lady at the office was most helpful and recommended a few places to visit. I signed up for a Ramayana Ballet at Prambanan for Saturday 6th Oct after providing my hotel details and made the necessary payments.

On 6th evening, I waited for more than an hour in my hotel lobby but nobody came to pick me up. I also checked with my hotel desk and nobody had called for me.

I tried calling the Tourism Authority office, but it closes at 6 PM. The transport operator must have made a mistake but this resulted in a very frustrating experience for me. Just wanted to advise others to make sure they get the transport operators contact details to avoid getting into such a situation.

Jogjakarta Driver
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Yogyakarta Driver Anton
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Jogja Tour Transport
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
de Jong Asia Holidays
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Arrangement Advice - Jogja

Thanks for the heads up.. This will be a warning to other ravellers as well.. The general rule in Indonesia is not to pay for anything before you actually reach your hotel, well except for the ballet ticket in this case..

2. Re: Travel Arrangement Advice - Jogja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, December 17, 2013
Edited: 9:05 pm, December 17, 2013
3. Re: Travel Arrangement Advice - Jogja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Yogyakarta