We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outstanding snorkeling and 4-5 star resorts

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
teaneck
Level Contributor
66 posts
42 reviews
Outstanding snorkeling and 4-5 star resorts

We are avid snorkelers and have snorkeled throughout the Caribbean (11-12 islands), Belize, Honduras, Redang Islands of Malaysia, Thailand (KohTao, Phi Phi),Fiji, Lizard Island on the Great Barrier, Fiji, and 2 trips to Indonesia (Bunaken, Togeans, Banggii and Wakatobi and Komodo. We are returninh to Indonrsia for a 11 day liveaboard through the Raja Ampat Islands and we understand that that is about the best with maybe Palau the only other place that is equivalent in in variety of corals (hard and soft) and variety of fish.

But we have been considering returning returning to Thailand in 2013 to Kao Lanta or Krabi or elsewhere knowing the snorkeling will not be equal to a few of the places we have been but would like some travelers thoughs who have been to several places we have been. We do NOT dive. Also, a lovely resort at $350-$450/night inclusive of 20% tax with breakfast and dinner (only dinner if it is isolate which is not our preference) is our our choice. We want a resort that is Air Conditioned and is more contempory than traditional in design. A nice beach would be an added plus but e will not be lying out to bake daily but an hour in an interesting pool is something my wife enjoys. A resort that attracts guests in the 55-65 would be perfect.

Any thoughts??

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Outstanding snorkeling and 4-5 star resorts

Hi, are you sure you're posting in the right forum?

teaneck
Level Contributor
66 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Outstanding snorkeling and 4-5 star resorts

t looks like I may not have as you point out.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Outstanding snorkeling and 4-5 star resorts

I don't see Yogyakarta in your itinerary, that's why I asked.

4. Re: Outstanding snorkeling and 4-5 star resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, June 17, 2013