We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Day at Jogjakarta

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 Day at Jogjakarta

Hi everyone,

Anybody can advice on top 10 'must do' or 'must visit' or 'must see' during 3 solid day stay in Jogjakarta. There are too many places or temples around and a bit difficult for me to prioritize which one to go first.

Many thanks.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

Must visit are Borobudur and Prambanan temples. The rest is up to you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

You can combine Prambanan, Ratu Boko and Ramayana dance performance. Also, please specify your preferences: shopping, sightseeing, beaches, mountains, culture??

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

What if sightseeing,architectural,culture??? I have 3d2n in Yogya. Thankssss

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

Hi,

I was living there for a year and a half so i can recommend you many places.

First thing to do is going to see the biggest temples, prambanan, ratu boko and borobudur. Near to those places you have many other temples if you want to visit and around borobudur you can go to menoreh hills and many traditional villages. I recommend you also to go to the beaches like parangritis (more interesting for being a holy place than for his beauty) or sundak, krakal, indrayanti beach (beautiful and isolated beaches sourrounded by rice fields and traditional villages).

In yogya,as a culture center of java, you have many place of interest. You can see silver neighbourhood Kota Gede () it was the anthient capital of the Mataram Kingdom. The Kraton (the walled city) with the sultan palace, taman sari (water casttle), the bird market...etc. In the south part of the city, from Malioboro, prawirotaman area to the south you have a lot of galleries art to see.

I hope it helps you,

regards and good trip,

Esti

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

ah, and dont leave Yogya without eating here tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294230-d2…

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

I was living in here more than 30 years...... :p

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

thx fo ur recommendations~

8. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, March 20, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

Hey EmanuelJogja, no SELF-PROMOTION on TA forums!!!

TA users, never trust anyone posting/offering their service through TA forums, most of them are scam!

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
4 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 Day at Jogjakarta

Hi Esti..

Could you please explain more about those three beaches (Sundak, etc)?

I visited Parangtritis long time ago, but i dont like it as it is too crowded and the mysthical environment around. Thus i need another beach as substitution for that..

Thanks.