We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yogyakarta

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Yogyakarta

My trip to 5D 4N trip to Yogyakarta is confirmed in 2011.

Can anyone please help me with some suggestions on the places to visit as I have a solid 4 days to do my visits.

I have been to the various websites and it seems that there are so many places to visit, apart from the famous ones like Borobudor, etc.

I would like an experienced tour guide to bring me around but at the same time I would like to maximise the number of interesting places that i want to visit. I note that most of the tour packages offered covers the main places of interest and seems to be too few with a lot of free time.

I would like to do my own itinerary but the problem is I do not know where the places are located and also i know that i cant see all the places that i want to, maybe because of logisitcs, time, not popular, etc.

Any feeback on this and also on the special foods would be appreciated.

Travelbug1007

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yogyakarta

Planning your itinerary

Since you know the name of most of places of interest, what you can do is to open Yogyakarta map (can be online map or printed one), pin down all the places you want to visit, therefore you can group nearby places to be visited for one day.

You can get many info from the net. Websites such as www.yogyes.com and http://gudeg.net/en/index.html is a free information source where you can get all the related info about places of interest up to budget hotel and car rental listings.

You can also browse trip reports in this forum, there are plenty of them and quite a number of travelers are proud that they managed to do their own Jogja tour without joining a tour group by consulting their itinerary on TA forum (of course you must come out with the itinerary by yourself and we can help to fine tune it).

If you hope that someone will vote himself as an experienced tour guide and post his info in this forum, don't wait until that happen since advertising is prohibited in this forum.

Foods

First timers might find the "lesehan" or eating at modest stall by sitting down on a bamboo mat and you eat with your hand an interesting dining experience. You can find lots of these stalls along Malioboro (although price might be higher than other places, but hey this is the touristy place).

Others can hunt for other specialties such as soto (there are different type of soto or soup meal in Indonesia). Nasi gudeg is also a Central Java specialties and a must try.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
853 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yogyakarta

In the backpacker area near Tugu station, especially Sosrowijayan street, there are many travel agents who can provide you with a car and driver/guide.

Follow the advice of cirque, and make your own list of things to do, perhaps with a priority rating and the time you think to spend there. Some people do Prambanan Heritage Site in an hour, but one can also spend half a day or more there.

Upon arrival you can go to a travel agent and ask them for a tailor-made itinirary. Much better to do this than follow a pre-arranged tour. You can change your plan on the way when you want to spend more time at any place.

Price of a car for the day should be about Rp 400,000 or 450,000 depending of the brand an age of the car.

Tugu station is not far from Yogya airport. You can take the train there for a few minutes, take a taxi or bus. There is also choice of budget accommodation in the area. Malioboro street with more upmarket hotels are also close by.

Theo

3. Re: Yogyakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:00 pm, October 20, 2010
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yogyakarta

lieur (or DANI),

no advertising or solicitation in TA forum! so don't give out your mobile phone number in TA forums!

5. Re: Yogyakarta

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, February 08, 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yogyakarta

Nice try to promote your business, JogjaRC. Unfortunately, TA forums is not the right place!!!

7. Re: Yogyakarta

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 09, 2012