We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Hi there

Kindly advise me on how i should plan my 7 days in yogyakarta...planning to take the train to surabaya/bandung/solo is is it a good idea?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

My advise:

1. Where is your point of departure and arrival? Are they both in Yogyakarta?

2. Solo is quite a short ride from Yogyakarta, you either spend the whole day or overnight there. Train and bus ride are available.

3. Surabaya and Bandung take couple of hours from Yogyakarta. Bandung to the west and Surabaya to the east. There is no direct train connection between Yogyakarta and Surabaya. Train in Java island has 2 main routings; north and south. Bandung - Yogyakarta - Malang is the southern route, while northern route goes from Bandung - Semarang - Surabaya.

4. If within 7 days you want to visit all and your starting and finishing point is in Yogyakarta, you might want to consider taking flights or you'll loose much time on the road.

5. To maximize the trip, I suggest to go from one direction; either from west to east or the other way. From west to east means Bandung - Yogyakarta/Solo - Surabaya or the other way around.

Edited: 6:53 am, May 11, 2010
Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Hi there

1. Arrival in Yogyakarta and depart from Yogya as well.

2. Ok. Thanks for the good and benefical suggestion.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Please be more specific: when will you come, with whom, your budget, what is your interest, does 7 days include Bandung/Solo/Surabaya? Make an itinerary first, and we'll help you fine tune it. Help us to help you :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Cirque, actually there are several trains serving Yogya-Surabaya. Bima and Argo Wilis to name a few.

Edited: 7:08 am, May 11, 2010
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

my mistake. Argo willis and Turangga actually serve Bandung - Yogyakarta - Surabaya.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Hi Radjaff

Will be coming to Yogyakarta in the middle of Nov with my family consisting of me and hubby and my two kids..

Budget not yet set but anything that is reasonable and nice will be consider

We had been to Bandung last April..

We hope to take train and head somewhere and spend 2-3 days in Solo or Surabaya.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Since you would begin and end your trip at Yogyakarta airport and your previous experience to visit Bandung, I think for a relaxing trip, just focus your trip between Central Java and East Java. You can spend 4 days in Jogja/Solo and around 2 days in Surabaya. If you take train on both trip, the total will be close to 10 hours, that would take 1/2 day itself already. Plus your return trip to Singapore from Yogyakarta is in the morning, which technically no activity on the day of departure.

I would say, begin to make your own version of itinerary just like radjaff advised, you can leave the technical details (e.g. hotel) behind, but you should list down all the places that you want to go. The "things to do" section provide list of attractions that you can visit in each city.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Hi Cirque

Ok Thanks

Kindly name me a few place in jogja/Solo and Surabaya..so that i can make a list of the places...i have search for some..thanks

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

IMO there's not much to see in Surabaya. It is an industrial and port city, the weather is hot and humid. Solo is much closer and more suitable for tourism. Places to go in Yogya is of course Borobudur, Prambanan and other smaller temple such as Mendut and Ratu Boko, Sultan Palace, Malioboro. In Solo, visit Cetho and Sukuh temple, Tawangmangu waterfalls, Danarhadi Batik Museum, and visit Klewer market. There are more things to do, just google it or browse TA forum. This topic has been covered a lot.

Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me to plan my 7 days in Yogyakarta

Ok noted.

Thanks for all the info u guys.