We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

My husband and I will be visiting Yogyakarta in February just for one night - two days. Primarily to see Borobudur and Prambanan. We are planning to stay at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa (we are SPG members). My only concern is that it seems to be outside of the city. Is it better to stay in the city? Is there anything else to see that we would miss by staying in this remote hotel? Anybody stayed at this hotel? Is it well positioned to see the main sites?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

Don't worry, it is still easy to explore Yogya from Sheraton because it's not that far from the city although you will need to rent a car or taxi to explore Yogya.

Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

sheraton is okay. especialy since its only 10 mins from airport and located in the outer ring road of jogja for easier access to anywhere.

its not so far from the downtown as well.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
944 posts
1,409 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

Hi,

I'm an spg member as well, and the newly reopened Sheraton is very nice, but for me by staying so far out you are missing the best of Yogya. Why not have 1 night at the Sheraton and 1 night closer to town, say at the M Gallery? That will allow you to explore the Jalan Marlioboro area more fully.

Stay at the Sheraton the day you plan to go to Prambanan as you're already half way there.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
944 posts
1,409 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

Hi,

just to be clear the Shearton is about 10km from the city centre.

Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

Thank you so much for all your replies! We are there just one night, so I think we will go ahead with the Sheraton, but will rent a taxi for our trips.

6. Re: 2 days in Yogya - staying at Sheraton too remote?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 08, 2010