We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Need Help

I will be travelling to Yogyakarta on the 26th Feb till 4th March. Make a mistake..bought the flight tickets..KL-Yogyakarta-KL

Plan to visit some of the Hindu temples in Yogyakarta and also visit the craters nearby..if possible will like to travel to Bali by land..do u think I can visit these places in 8 days .

Maybe someone can help to plan my itenaries.

Thank you.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help

Rene60

There is a night express from Jogjakarta to (Denpasar)Bali,very comfortable;You will arrive early in the morning

1)2 days jogjakarta

O/nite train to jogja>Bali

2)5 days Bali

o/nite train Bali >jogja

3)1 day jogjakarta

If you prefer you can also take the return trip by domestic flight(Bali >jogja)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help

How much is the train ticket from Yogya to Bali?

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help

Leopang,

The train only goes as far as Banguwangi on Java,so how does one still get to Bali? Bus from Banguwangi to bus terminal and then bus on the ferry to Bali and then onto Denpasar.

Pamela

Bandung
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help

ok we give you imform flight from KL to yogyakrta .when you arive in yogyakarta airport and i give you recommended for hotel : please come to Hotel WISMA ARYS

jln ; suryo diningratan no ; 29 tlp ( 0274- 387215 )can taxi from airport yogyakarta and pay 50.000k

Rates room AC , cold water , and breakfast IDR 200.000

in wisma arys can make organize Tour , ask to some one about tour Borobudur Temple and Prambanan temple , volcano merapi ,the sultan palace , also souvenir Batik , Silver and soon as.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help

hi rene...

1st arrived in yogyakarta

2nd prambanan temple in the morning and borobudur temple in the afternoon.

3th yogyakarta sultan palace in the morning and at noon around 12.00-13.00 they will be a bus from prawirotaman area to take you to denpasar in bali.you will be arrived in bali on day 4 in the morning around 8.00.

4th straight go to kuta from denpasar bus station,you can take public transport or you can take a taxi.public transport will take about 2 hours coz they have bad habbit waiting untill all the seat is full then they go.( better take a taxi 0 around IDR,75.000 you will get to kuta area )

5th rent a motorbike and go look around in ubud,there is a lot thindus temples that you can visit in ubud.and you can visit 3 temples in ubud in one day if you want.( tirta empul temple,gunung kawi temple,besakih temple ) you can do this if you start from kuta at 07.30 in the morning and you will get back to kuta after see all and all the traffic around at 18.30 in the afternoon.

6th go to uluwatu temple this time you can go a bit late coz is not so far away from kuta.take your lunch in uluwatu and then go to tanah lot temple for the romantic sunset.be at tanah lot at 17.00 in the afternoon.

7th days take a bus again to yogyakarta you will be arrived in yogyakarta in day 8 in the morning,if your flight from yogyakarta to kl

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help

i can exclude the sultan palace in my itenaries and also the beaches..interested more on Hindu cultures, temples and craters like mount Bromo, etc, whichever is more beautiful and safer to visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help

Bromo ? no way. it's on East Java, another far direction.

I agree with indonesiaexpert.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,259 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help

Hi Pamela

Can't remember how ??? but was quite a long time ago by nite express train.

The recent time we took the domestic flight and bought ticket available over the domestic airport counter ,currently very affordable serve by many budget air lines operating this route.( Bali - Jogja)

bandung
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Help

1. in yogyakarta you can visit to Borobudur temple, mendut temple and prambanan temple

2. you can visit also to sultan palace, tamansari, ramayana balet, silver factory, batik factory

3. before you go to bromo yo can visit first to ceto and sukuh temple.

4. bromo to kali baru

5. kali baru to taman nasional park baluran and to ijen crater

6. ijen crater to ketapang harbor for cross to bali

7. in bali you can visit to rambut siwi temple, besakeh temple, tanah lot, kuta, legian, seminyak, ubud, amed, candi dasa, kintamani, nusa dua, sanur, ext

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Help

Thanks, I will try and compile all these and plan my trip.