We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Hotel Info and Etc

Which Yogyakarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
23 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Need Hotel Info and Etc

Hi,

I need an advice on a hotels the airport at yogyakarta. As im worried on my departure day where my flight is at 630am and its monday morning. I wanted to get the nearest airport or the hotel that provides airport transfer.

Or will it be possible for me to get a cab in the early morning at 430am to airport.

As for the suggestion of hotel, i will rather go for 2-4 star hotel as i wont be in d room most of d time

6 replies to this topic
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Hotel Info and Etc

Hi ShashiLFC,

there is no airport hotel at Yogyakarta airport nor nearby hotel which suit your description. However, the city is relatively near to the airport and no need to stay at a place nearby the airport to catch early morning flight. Just stay in the city hotel (if you happen to stay in Yogyakarta city hotel for few days prior to flying out, no need to change hotel) and you can arrange transfer from the hotel.

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Hotel Info and Etc

Hi Sashi, where will you be staying in Jogja?

It is also possible to call taxi companies like Bluebird and make a reservation to make sure you will be picked up from where you stay. There won't be any traffic early morning and you will get to the airport without a problem.

If possible do a web check in. It will save you some time.

Edited: 8:57 pm, March 17, 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Hotel Info and Etc

The closest hotel to the airport is Grand Quality Yogyakarta. They also provide free transfer to the airport. The last time I stayed there, the manager used their Toyota Alphard to take me to the airport. Maybe he thought I was some kind of important government official, LOL. If you don't want to rely on the availability of the taxi, you can stay in this hotel for around IDR 500,000/night.

Edited: 10:32 pm, March 17, 2013
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
23 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Hotel Info and Etc

I planned to stay nearby city if there is nothing nearby airport. Will check out the Grand Quality hotel as well.

Does the taxi companies operates 24hrs ?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Hotel Info and Etc

Yes, taxi is available 24 hours, but if you're due to depart early in the morning, it's rather hard to hail from the street. Better to ask the hotel to arrange/find a taxi for you

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Hotel Info and Etc

If you use a taxi the day before your departure, you can also ask the taxi driver to pick you up early in the morning. I have done this before when I was staying at Prawirotaman to catch 7 AM flight. Ask for the driver's phone number and ask for your hotel to call the driver to remind him.

Reply to: Need Hotel Info and Etc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted