We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit Jakarta for one week

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Topic
visit Jakarta for one week

This will be the first time I arrive in Jakarta on 11 April 2014 for one week visit and I really concern to visit the most interested areas such as Bali and Pulau 1000 etc.,, I greatly appreciate if you could give me some advice from where to start my journey . Tks in advance,

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit Jakarta for one week

<<t the most interested areas such as Bali and Pulau 1000 etc.,,>>

Nasma K, hello and welcome to TA forums!

1/ If you are interested to see Bali you have to fly to DPS, not JKT, as BALI is a separate island distanced from JKT by 2 hours flight. Preferably chose a connection via SIN or KUL, connection in CGK is neither pleasant, nor comfortable.

2/ Pulau Seribu is the present condition is NOTHING to see and do, all publicly available properties/ islands are run down shacks in absolutely appalling conditions. OR... private islands individually managed with exuberant rates...........

2. Re: visit Jakarta for one week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, March 25, 2014
St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit Jakarta for one week

Nasma K,

What time do you reach Jakarta?? Important question when asking for itinerary.. Your itinerary depends entirely on your interest?? Shopping, Beaches or Mountains.. But I do assume that you are a big fan of beaches.. If that's the case, skip Pulau Seribu and go for Bali and Lombok..

<<but you lost social activity (i like using train / bus, because it is have a lot social interaction)>>

I do not think it is a good idea, not many people have the luxury to do so since time is very short!!

CHeers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit Jakarta for one week

<<but you lost social activity (i like using train / bus, because it is have a lot social interaction)>>

i zapped it as solicitation and self-promotion.

5. Re: visit Jakarta for one week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2015