We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion of hotel

Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Topic
suggestion of hotel

Hello there! I am going to Jakarta in the 3rd June. Arrived there at 5.30 pm from Kuala Lumpur and plan to stay there a night. On the 4th it would be the whole day visiting Jakarta city before proceeding to Bandung. Can you suggest where is the suitable hotel where i dont have to spend more time on the road caused by traffic jem. plus in early June, is it a school holiday in Indonesia?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,117 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion of hotel

Alysageo, hi

1/ first and foremost , PLEASE keep all questions related to one travel within the frame of one topic. It`s more easier for us to answer this way instead of keeping all YOUR details in mind. OK?

2/ budget/ room/ night??? Please............

Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion of hotel

Budget - rm100 plus each room. Possibility 3 rooms because I have 6 adults and 3 children with me. Only for one night.

Edited: 4:01 am, February 04, 2014
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,117 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestion of hotel

<<Budget - rm100 plus each room>>

In local currency IDR or hard currency ( USD, AUD etc), all convertion is on you.................

NOTE: finding a decent/ nice hotel room in convenient location, you need at least 50-60 USD/room/ night. + 21% of tax and service charge. JKT is not THAT cheap............

Edited: 4:18 am, February 04, 2014
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestion of hotel

100 rm is about 30 usd. yes, your hotel choice will be limited on that budget.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestion of hotel

<<Budget - rm100 plus each room. Possibility 3 rooms because I have 6 adults and 3 children with me. Only for one night.>>

In Malaysia (even for Shah Alam standard), the possibly "good" hotel will be of Sun Inns standard if you do not mind. In Indonesia (especially Jakarta), your choice for that budget will restrict yourself to 1-star or lower budget hotels in which sanitary condition and cleanliness is doubtful.

I understand that you just need a place to rest, but with 9 pax with you and planning to rent only 3 rooms, these kind of hotel has space so little they cannot accommodate any baby cot or extra bed. Try Ibis Budget Cikini which has triple room (1 double bed and 1 bunk single bed). Surely rate will be more expensive a bit than your planned budget, but at least everyone can stay comfortably. Raising your budget to USD50/night/room will be more realistic.

6. Re: suggestion of hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 06, 2015