We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
186 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Hi everyone,

Thought that I'll share my recent experience/review with GB's car rental services for the benefit of those who are intending to engage in car rental services while in Jakarta. To reiterate Schonefeld's constant reminder/warning, all potential travelers should steer clear of offer originating from PM by illegal service providers that claims that they're providing such services!

I travel frequently to Jakarta for both leisure and work purposes - it's becoming like a third home to me. Many a times, I will just drive myself around since I'm usually travelling solo or with a couple of friends. However, during my most recent trip to Jakarta during early November, I decided to bring my relatives from Singapore to Jakarta for a short getaway trip and since there are a total of 6 of us, I'd thought that renting a car with driver would be the most feasible option for convenience sake.

A week before departure, I emailed several established car rental companies (which I shall not mention) for quotations. Only GB efficiently replied to my email promptly within 24 hours (having known that Indonesian companies are renowned for their inefficiency in replying emails). The reservation staff, after getting to know of my brief itinerary sent me their price list along with the different types of vehicles that are available for charter. I decided to go with the Toyota Alphard - 12 hours daily charter for 3 days. The quotation is inclusive of driver and gasoline. In addition, the reservation staff mentioned that I could pay a deposit fee for toll and parking so that I do not have to fork out cash on the day of service. However, I was requested for my CC details as well as authorization form so that they can confirm my booking.

Initially, I was rather skeptical about it since I read on the forum that we should never pay anything in advance. Hence, I decided to PM SingaporeNancy to seek her inputs as I read that she has been engaging GB's services over the years. Thanks to SingaporeNancy's assurance, I got to know that the authorization form and CC is actually a recent practice by GB. Subsequently, I gave the reservation staff my CC details and the agreed amount was charged accordingly.

Throughout the 3 days, my assigned driver - Pak Heru, will always reach my place 10 minutes before the requested pickup time of 11AM. His patience, punctuality as well as friendliness is commendable. Even though there had been a couple of incidents whereby we got lost while finding a residential address, he never once lose his cool and hurl profanities unlike some taxi drivers which I've encountered before. As my relatives from Singapore speak limited Bahasa Indonesia, Pak Heru is able to converse with them in English fluently. It also reflects that GB drivers are professionally selected and trained.

Sorry for the long-winded review, thought that I can share my recent experience with GB especially for potential travelers who are looking to engage in GB's services! Although the prices tend to be significantly higher than other car rental companies, I believe safety should never be compromised especially if you're travelling in a foreign country.. Cheers!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

<< I believe safety should never be compromised especially if you're travelling in a foreign country..>>

j_herliani, hello, nice to see you again!

I have to express my personal THANKS for the very helpful post, feedback and info. I`m also glad that my constant warning AGAINST all illegal activity on TA through PM etc has an impact and steers travelers to the right direction. I took note about prompt performance of GB and especially with e-mail replies.

cheers

Schonefeld

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Thank you for your trip report!! :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

<< I was requested for my CC details as well as authorization form so that they can confirm my booking.>>

This is quite a common practice to tie your agreement with the company. Although risky, good companies will treat your data securely. Thus, here is why choosing a reliable company is important.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Thank you for your trip report!! :)

this is almost not a trip report. :)

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Hello j_herliani,

I was in Jakarta on 27 Oct. As usual, I engaged GB for my transportation needs. I am happy to note that they have maintained their standards of service.

Happy I could be of help to you. ;o)

Regards,

Nancy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
186 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Schonefeld, Stefzzz, SingaporeNancy:

You're welcome! Very often I see threads with questions and doubts about car rental services in Jakarta and Bandung so I thought by sharing my review of GB, it will be able to benefit potential travelers :)

cirque:

Yes, I agree. Since it was my first time engaging in car rental services, I was rather skeptical about it initially. But fortunately the experience is a positive one.

cakur:

Well, this is definitely not a trip report but more like a review of GB's services. I did not do a trip report mainly because my itinerary is a rather boring one I guess. I did not pay Monas a visit nor did I went TMII - unlike what normal visitors will do. I just spent my time in different malls as well as cafe hopping around Senopati and PIK hahha

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

I am heading to Jakarta next month. May I have your driver's contacts please? How much did you pay? Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Beverly P,

you have to contact Golden Bird car rental, and ask your question to the service provider personally. The OP, j_herliani, used OFFICIAL car rental and was HAPPY with the experience, engaging illegal service providers/ individuals is HIGHLY non-recommended,... and on your own risk.

bluebirdgroup.com/passenger-transportation/l…

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,860 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Hello Beverly,

Golden Bird (GB) is a big car rental company and they are part of the Blue Bird Group. You can contact them through their website

http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/

Good Luck.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
186 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Experience with Goldenbird Car Rental

Beverly,

You can email them directly and the reservation staff will send you the quotation based on your itinerary. As different customers have different itinerary and destination, they do not have a fixed price. Hope it helps!