We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jakarta to bandung

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
jakarta to bandung

hi,

Its my first time to Jakarta, will be there for 3day2nite.

What can i do/go for this short period?

Is it convenient/easy to go to Bandung on first day and come back to Jakarta on the night its self?

How long will the journey to and fro?

Which better place to shop Bandung or Jakarta?

Hope some1 can share some info

thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jakarta to bandung

it takes about 2-3 hours by car each way on weekdays and could take u 3-4 hours on a weekend. During the weekend the traffic is Bandung is bad so I wont recommend a day trip.

For shopping, what do you want to buy? If you prefer items from department store and better quality, i would say Jakarta is better than Bandung which is more famous for their factory outlets. Do note that prices at department stores in Jakarta is generally more expensive than in Singapore.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
828 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jakarta to bandung

Hi,

Jakarta is shopping, dining and night life I guess. Or you can go to Ancol to enjoy beach scenery, Sea World and theme park (Dunia Fantasi / Dufan).

One day trip to Bandung is possible but it's not recommended as there are more things to do in Bandung. It's around 150km, 1.5 hours drive.

Edited: 10:36 pm, October 11, 2013
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jakarta to bandung

thanks all for the details.

just got a quotation a day trip to bandung will cost me 1250,000 idr. still considering

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,230 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jakarta to bandung

akoabby, hello and welcoem to JKT forum!

1/ It`d advisable to verify you travel dates BEFORE booking travel to Indonesia. All public holidays, long weekends, major celebrations, religious festivities MUST be avoided.

portalseven.com/calendar/…

2/ Travel to BDG on weekend is a total disaster., You have to plan your trip allocating weekend for JKT and weekday for BDG. That`s the ONLY feasible plan.

3/ how may days do you have for the whole travel? If 2 nights in total, i advice to stay in JKT only and pospone BDG for future, as the city has direct air connection to SIN and you have access to it anytime when you have it ( and it does not fall on any local festivity).

4/ <<Which better place to shop Bandung or Jakarta?>>

Similar. All items ( clothes, shoes, handbags, leather goods etc) you can find either in JKT or in BDG..........

4/

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jakarta to bandung

if you just have 3d2n, i do not recommend to visit other place than Jakarta (if your flight lands and departs from Jakarta). Splitting the journey will nly waste your time on the road.

Whilst in Jakarta, there are plenty of things to do, depending on your interests. There is some historical buildings, art galleries, and museums if you are into cultural things.

There are plenty of shopping options (shopping malls, factory outlets, and wholesale markets). There are also plenty f restaurants if you are a foodie.

6. Re: jakarta to bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 14, 2014