We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

warning tourist on booking lionair

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
813 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
warning tourist on booking lionair

I book lionair from the hotline which number in website but went I went down to office to pay for payment no booking was made the person who made my booking was a rohan and suria from lionair call centre and had to pay the normal price compare to promo and Natalie from Singapore was not helpful in solving this problem they have the most screwed up service in town I will never take them again

Holiday Jakarta City Tour - Day Tours
City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
TravelPeople
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Day Trips
Adventure Indonesia
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Ladita Tour
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

look like miscommunication / misunderstanding.

every promo has their own term and condition. you must read it first.

call centre usually for costumer service. you can book online easily today.

if you do not ok with the price, then leave it.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

Promo fare is only available on the internet and not their sales office.

Everywhere the same. You can just blame Lion Air blatantly for this.

And why fuss so much to buy through call center when you can just purchase the ticket online?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,708 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

Supporting the above, the promo/ special rates do have payment restrictions and may be not available via office counter.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

Booking online is normally easy and simple - I always keep the confirmation scene active until I get the email confirmation or copy and paste the screen into an email so you have a record of your booking and your reference number

Easy peasy

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

yes guys you are rite but went I wanted to pass him my credit card details he said no need as we just go to the office in Singapore also can get promo fair and he said he put a note

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

I always try and find a solution when I run into problems in life.

The solution here would be to eliminate the person who gives you the wrong information or does not do their job the right way.

Always try and get something in writing - an email with a reference number on it.

Name of the person you spoke to and the time.

Sorry to hear that you had this issue but by sharing it hopefully others will learn how to make a booking without any issues

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

This is a case of pure misunderstanding. Lion Air has been in the light of criticism for poor customer service and call center operation. You are not the first and from this incident, it hopefully be the lesson for you on how to get the best out of the situation.

Again, do not rely on phone conversation - especially if you're booking with budget airline - they are outsourcing their call center operation and it might be of different section than their reservation department altogether.

For promo fair of Lion air, you can only get it online or from travel agent.

8. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, August 27, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,134 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

spam

10. Re: warning tourist on booking lionair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 29, 2015